• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jameis Winston and NFL Network

raleigh-panther

Ive seen at least 20 different tweets from media members including those on the NFL Network saying people think Winston is immature, acts like a 10 year old, an idiot, that people should be scared, etc.

Stop being so damn sensitive and using selective hearing because you can't get over your Cam persecution complex.

Please don't personalize something, or generalize something,  about what you think you know about my intentions.  Your observations don't discount mine or vice versa. 

As far as Cam is concerned, he owns his behavior and is responsible for it. 

My context is  the media  double standard concerning the total firestorm and attacks on Newton's character in 2011 over the 'supposedly stolen laptop' and the almost blind eye turned to Winston's issues.  Things are being said like 'if you are comfortable with x, then y' with an almost total avoidance of any serious discussion about the changes against him and I find 'assualt' and/or  'sexual' assault very very  serious  charges/allegations.  I would not want anyone on my team, much less a QB, who had those types of things alleged. 

Net, I find interesting is the attention it's not getting interesting from the same media outlets that had a lot to say about Newton.

So does Winston have sexual assault allegations pending against him or not?

If he does, at what point does he go on the Commissioner's exempt list? Immediately after signing his contract?

The case was dropped because the state attorney said their wasn't enough evidence. Plus they found dna from two men, which I believe shot her credibility. So he doesn't have pending allegations

Not really understanding why people are acting like Winston is the perfect prospect on the field.  He does some special things, no doubt about it, but the guy is a turnover machine.  Very rarely do you see a QB's turnover rate go down when he gets to the NFL and Winston's desperately needs to.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/04/02/off-field-issues-arent-the-only-question-for-jameis-winston/

Although Winston was a great quarterback as a Heisman Trophy-winning redshirt freshman in 2013, he wasn’t as great in 2014. And NFL Network’s Mike Mayock noted after watching Winston’s Pro Day that there are serious questions about whether Winston takes good enough care of the football after throwing 18 interceptions last season.

“I keep going back to the point that he throws too many interceptions, and ball security is the most important thing to me for a quarterback. Off the field, do you trust him or not? There’s still some homework to do on that,” Mayock said.

There was a time when idiots believed Mariota was really better than Winston. The idiots had Mariota winning the Heisman and carrying his Ducks to a national title which would UNDOUBTEDLY propel him above Winston and HE would be the #1 pick. Only the Ducks came up short for a title yet again, even with super star Mariota. Talk about not living up to the hype. Mariota is garbage.

Jameis has the X factor and its his charisma. Cam and Jameis have very similar personality make ups. from day 1 an NFL locker room is going to respect him, and its because of how much he just wants to win, but he doesn't just say it you see it in how hard he works.

There we go! Seems like we have a lawyer on the forum and he's about to explain to us what proven innocent means.

Come on, tell us! Can't wait!

There's no such thing as proven innocent.  There's guilty or not guilty.  In our legal system, the burden of proof is on the prosecution.

What I'm trying to get at here, is right now you have the fanboy cranked up past 11.  Try to tone it down a little or just go root for the Bucs already.

Nothing bolsters an argument like completely dismissing anything to the contrary and calling people idiots.

Well cause I tweeted out to this sports writer for the New York Post, and told him how wrong he was in his story how Mariota was head and shoulders the best college QB, this was back in October

And around that time when Mariota was the consensus best QB among college football fans and experts, anything other than praising Mariota as the best got you the response "are you an idiot? of course Mariota is better than Jameis" people actually said that. People are idiots, and the truth always comes to light, Winston is going #1 as I always knew he would.

Proven innocent?

If you're ignorant of the terms, just don't use them.

Winston is about as innocent as it relates to Kinsman's allegation as you can get.

Her own friends version of events don't even support 7 of the 8 stories that she has told (the last one being that Winston "intimidated" her into getting the cab with him) . Apparently, she is now back to "Winston gave me something to drink and the next thing I know he was on top of me in his apartment."

That's all good...except for the fact that 2 of HER OWN friends told the police that prior to leaving PotBelly's SHE asked if it was "okay to leave" and both of them said yes, "If anything was wrong with (Erica) we would have never let her leave. She was fine when she left the bar." And the fact that the Tallahassee PD found that she was texting her friends about answers to an exam she had, in while in the cab heading to 3 dudes' (who you just met) apartment at 1:00 a.m., doesn't give much weight to her fairy tale story. 

Oh, and two separate Toxicology reports conducted cannot find a damn thing in her system.

No rational jury would believe the nonsense coming out of her pie hole. No even a FL one, which is well-known for idiotic verdicts. 

If she cannot even meet the most basics of burdens in a unfair, heavily weighted in her favor Student Code of Conduct hearing (and subsequent appeal that was denied) by a retired FL supreme court judge...

that's pretty indicative of innocence on the part of Jamies Winston.

Please don't personalize something, or generalize something,  about what you think you know about my intentions.  Your observations don't discount mine or vice versa. 

As far as Cam is concerned, he owns his behavior and is responsible for it. 

My context is  the media  double standard concerning the total firestorm and attacks on Newton's character in 2011 over the 'supposedly stolen laptop' and the almost blind eye turned to Winston's issues.  Things are being said like 'if you are comfortable with x, then y' with an almost total avoidance of any serious discussion about the changes against him and I find 'assualt' and/or  'sexual' assault very very  serious  charges/allegations.  I would not want anyone on my team, much less a QB, who had those types of things alleged. 

Net, I find interesting is the attention it's not getting interesting from the same media outlets that had a lot to say about Newton.

You alright man? you don't seem alright. 

I recommend one part good red wine, one part good bud, and one part no f**ks given. Life is better that way. 

People who are probably fug ups in their own lives just cannot see how Winston is a dick.  In about a year, three scandals that go national.  He has character issues, and the people who can't see that probably do as well.  Reasoning with them is like trying to teach a first grader Calculus.

People who are probably fug ups in their own lives just cannot see how Winston is a dick.  In about a year, three scandals that go national.  He has character issues, and the people who can't see that probably do as well.  Reasoning with them is like trying to teach a first grader Calculus.

Nioce, that explains it totally! I remember reading in this book somewhere that "Let he without sin cast the first stone" 

So please continue throwing stones at Winston because I am sure you are as your post so articulately states without sin or character issues. 

Let it be known as of now if you fail to judge a man you have never met you are of bad character. 

Archived