• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

McCoy vs Kelly

Mr. Scot

Nice on moving goal posts.

The fact remains that division games are usually 50/50 and at no way an accurate measure to say a team is good or not just because they lost one division game. In a head to head match up they crushed us. They were the better team last year. Point blank period.

Sure, the Eagles beat us pretty soundly, just like many other teams during that stretch. We were still trying to gel, dealing with injuries, or just coming off injuries. But, it is what it is...

Like it or not, admit it or not, Kelly came into a much better situation than Rivera as a pro HC. He had experienced, veteran leadership on both sides of the ball, most of which he pushed out the door. His offensive firepower was markedly better and more complete than ours last year, plus he is a touted offensive mastermind. Even after all that---with all that---the Eagles folded---no, they collapsed like a cheap umbrella in the wind when they came up against a bad Skins team during crunch time. Moreover, the better teams in the league just basically punked his team, which may be becoming a Kelly hallmark, but not as much as the truth that he still hasn't won the big one at any level for all of his "genius".

Kelly didn't make the playoffs, period. His team started strong and folded when it mattered. Deal with it!

And, by the way, I find it funny that you talk about moving goal posts when your whole contention about how deserving the Eagles were to be in the playoffs and the Panthers weren't, is predicated upon not only moving goal posts, but teleporting the whole gridiron into the ether.

Sure, the Eagles beat us pretty soundly, just like many other teams during that stretch. We were still trying to gel, dealing with injuries, or just coming off injuries. But, it is what it is...

Like it or not, admit it or not, Kelly came into a much better situation than Rivera as a pro HC. He had experienced, veteran leadership on both sides of the ball, most of which he pushed out the door. His offensive firepower was markedly better and more complete than ours last year, plus he is a touted offensive mastermind. Even after all that---with all that---the Eagles folded---no, they collapsed like a cheap umbrella in the wind when they came up against a bad Skins team during crunch time. Moreover, the better teams in the league just basically punked his team, which may be becoming a Kelly hallmark, but not as much as the truth that he still hasn't won the big one at any level for all of his "genius".

Kelly didn't make the playoffs, period. His team started strong and folded when it mattered. Deal with it!

And, by the way, I find it funny that you talk about moving goal posts when your whole contention about how deserving the Eagles were to be in the playoffs and the Panthers weren't, is predicated upon not only moving goal posts, but teleporting the whole gridiron into the ether.

I mean losing your starting qb and having to play ark Sanchez had nothing to do with that at all right? Just the cause of Kelly's poor coaching down the stretch right? Your argument is bogus.

Can you tell me with a straight face that if our teams from last year played eachother 10 times in a row that we'd honestly win more than like 3 of those games? Say it with me. The Eagles were a better team than us last year.

10-6>7-8-1. Math.

I mean losing your starting qb and having to play ark Sanchez had nothing to do with that at all right? Just the cause of Kelly's poor coaching down the stretch right? Your argument is bogus.

Can you tell me with a straight face that if our teams from last year played eachother 10 times in a row that we'd honestly win more than like 3 of those games? Say it with me. The Eagles were a better team than us last year.

10-6>7-8-1. Math.

And your argument is based upon moving goal posts.  You essentially cry "foul" about a system that has worked for decades, and last year was no different.  Deal with it!  

I have already intimated to you that teams who miss the playoffs are "better"  than teams that don't every year.  Hell, the championship team is not always the "best" team, just the "better" or "best" (or "luckiest") team when it counts.  That's just the nature of the beast.  Deal with it!

"Math" is just a part of it. Statistics are just a part of it. The anatomy of a playoff team---a championship team---is more than just about what you view on paper.  Perhaps when Kelly realizes this, he will actually win a championship.

And your argument is based upon moving goal posts. You essentially cry "foul" about a system that has worked for decades, and last year was no different. Deal with it!

I have already intimated to you that teams who miss the playoffs are "better" than teams that don't every year. Hell, the championship team is not always the "best" team, just the "better" or "best" (or "luckiest") team when it counts. That's just the nature of the beast. Deal with it!

"Math" is just a part of it. Statistics are just a part of it. The anatomy of a playoff team---a championship team---is more than just about what you view on paper. Perhaps when Kelly realizes this, he will actually win a championship.

So you are conceding the fact the Eagles were a better team than us last year correct? Cause if not you can stop posting poo.

Any normal league year the system works fine yes but then You get years like last were teams who had no business being in the playoffs make it. Like us. We lucked into the playoffs and had a gift wrapped home playoff game against arguably one of the worst qbs to ever take an NFL snap and we still almost lost.

You don't have any legit argument to suggest Kelly is a bad coach or that the panthers were more deserving of a playoff berth without completely talking out of your ass and saying since our division sucked hard we deserved to be in there. Or that they lost to the Redskins or some garbage.

So you are conceding the fact the Eagles were a better team than us last year correct? Cause if not you can stop posting poo.

Any normal league year the system works fine yes but then You get years like last were teams who had no business being in the playoffs make it. Like us. We lucked into the playoffs and had a gift wrapped home playoff game against arguably one of the worst qbs to ever take an NFL snap and we still almost lost.

You don't have any legit argument to suggest Kelly is a bad coach or that the panthers were more deserving of a playoff berth without completely talking out of your ass and saying since our division sucked hard we deserved to be in there. Or that they lost to the Redskins or some garbage.

We earned the right to be in the playoffs, the Eagles didn't. Just deal with it, CC. You can argue all you like. You can attempt to legitimize that fact all you like, but it's not going to change history, or anything else.  You call m argument illegitimate, but at least mine is based in reality and not my imagination and desires.

Like i alluded to when we first began, we will see which team gets a championship first. Until then you can keep lamenting about the proven and successful system that the NFL has had for decades.

We earned the right to be in the playoffs, the Eagles didn't. Just deal with it, CC. You can argue all you like. You can attempt to legitimize that fact all you like, but it's not going to change history, or anything else. You call m argument illegitimate, but at least mine is based in reality and not my imagination and desires.

Like i alluded to when we first began, we will see which team gets a championship first. Until then you can keep lamenting about the proven and successful system that the NFL has had for decades.

Only two teams with a losing record have made it to the playoffs. We are an anomaly, we literally lucked into it. We didn't earn it. We got it because everyone else sucked harder.

You can't call us the better team because you know you'd be lying.

Only two teams with a losing record have made it to the playoffs. We are an anomaly, we literally lucked into it. We didn't earn it. We got it because everyone else sucked harder.

You can't call us the better team because you know you'd be lying.

The Eagles were a better team last year overall, but I don't believe that they are the better team long term. If you do, then you can go root for them.

Archived