• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I feel something very very wrong with Jonathan Stewart

Sam Mills Fan

How about because the depth chart goes...34,28,33, 24? If you get rid of 28, then 24 assumes the role of 33. If you get rid of 34 and 28, then 33 becomes 34 and 24 becomes 28. Sorry I had to break it down in this rudimentary form, but it is the only way some of you will ever learn the simple basics of depth charts and coaching. Thus, ending up in the equal split that Stewart and Williams enjoyed last year.

You don't get rid of a solid RB like Birmingham, knowing fully well Stewart's achilles might not last through the season, however, that in no way means Stewart isn't expected to play through it in the regular season either.

I think you just wasted a whole lot of time confirming my exact point. And the numbers game you just played was pointless, as it has nothing to do with my initial assessment. I know that players move up the depth chart when one gets injured...HOWEVER...why give carries to someone that ordinarily would not make the team when we could give twice as many to Goodson in the meantime. BECAUSE...the Panthers expect Birmingham to be around in week 1 and maybe beyond. The only reason...there is an injury to another RB they are concerned about (Stewart). Do you understand now?

I think you just wasted a whole lot of time confirming my exact point. And the numbers game you just played was pointless, as it has nothing to do with my initial assessment. I know that players move up the depth chart when one gets injured...HOWEVER...why give carries to someone that ordinarily would not make the team when we could give twice as many to Goodson in the meantime. BECAUSE...the Panthers expect Birmingham to be around in week 1 and maybe beyond. The only reason...there is an injury to another RB they are concerned about (Stewart). Do you understand now?

Because Goodson was a starter, and the starters come out in the third quarter....

Jesus, were you beat about the head with a metal pan as a child? If not, someone should do that now.

Holy Crap, you didn't understand a word of what I said. Clearly I wasted my time, but only because it fell on a seemingly comatose mind. Goodson isn't an every down back, and when Stewart or Williams is out, he's our 1st string back, meaning, he gets as many carries as anyone would normally get in the preseason for a 1st stringer.

Goodson and Birmingham is the equivalent to a second string Williams and Stewart. Goodson is NOT an every down back, and if we ever had to use him as an every down back, we're in trouble, and the coaching staff knows this. We will be keeping Birmingham, rest assured of that.

Are you serious? They damn near worked Goodson to death in that last game. Somebody had to get a few carries to give the guy a breather, and Birmingham was the only one left.

Goodson isn't an every down back. Goodson and Birmingham is the equivalent to a second string Williams and Stewart. Goodson is NOT an every down back, and if we ever had to use him as an every down back, we're in trouble, and the coaching staff knows this. We will be keeping Birmingham, rest assured of that.

I don't doubt that we will...I am just curious if we are only keeping him for this very reason. Keeping 4 RB's is going to be hard, esp. since we will be keeping 2 kickers and 2 FB's.

Are you serious? They damn near worked Goodson to death in that last game. Somebody had to get a few carries to give the guy a breather, and Birmingham was the only one left.

Goodson left much earlier then the rest of the starters, some of which played into the 4th quarter (entire O-line, Hoover).

Archived