• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Post Your Local Craft Breweries Here!

Montsta

• 2 weeks later...

Barrel House Stout, everything you'd expect from a Stout.

Local Central Coast brewery located in Paso Robles, Ca.

Delish, KG score 8.0

stout.jpg

My wife and I went to 28 breweries between Nor Cal and So Cal last year. We went to Firestone and then when we finished we went to Barrel House because it's like less than a mile away. They had some great beers and the brewery itself was fuging awesome to hang out at. 

Good call on the stout. 

Recently picked up a Sierra Nevada Variety pack as 3 of the 4 beers I hadn't tried before.

I've heard it said before avoid the variety packs as there's usually a loser or two in there and this was no exception.

First is the Kellerweis I thought might be along the lines of a Blue Moon but instead had a very unpleasant Clove taste you'd only expect to find in your Graandma's Easter ham. 3.5 on the KG scale.

Next was the Kolsch German style Ale and if there was ever a beer that was a wall flower this is it. It was like drinking carbonated nothing and made no impression at all. 4.0 on the KG scale.

3rd we have the Nooner Pilsner. Now here we have a smooth easy drinking Session beer that could find it's way anywhere from the BBQ to the golf course. Leaves you refreshed and wanting  more. 7.3 on the KG scale.

Finally the familiar Sierra nevada Pale Ale which never fails to satisfy. 7.5 on the KG scale.

summer pack.jpg

Archived