• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What beer should I buy today?

SCP

Decisions, decisions.  A daily beer recommendation thread?  Let's give it a try.  First response is what I will buy if I can find it.

Date:  May 29, 2015

Location:  I will be in the home region this weekend.  Charlotte/Ft Mill/Tega Cay.

Beer me:

Gubna it is. No offense to your suggestions Kettle, was just looking for one specific beer recommendation.

​I never know what I'll get until I get there, and I'm the guy looking at beer advocate in the middle of the beer aisle.  That's why I did a mix a six last week.  Also, Gubna is IPA so you are following my vague suggestion.  It's 10% too.  Wow!

Decisions, decisions.  A daily beer recommendation thread?  Let's give it a try.  First response is what I will buy if I can find it.

Date:  May 29, 2015

Location:  I will be in the home region this weekend.  Charlotte/Ft Mill/Tega Cay.

Beer me:

​NOT, People Porter.  My son brought me some and I thought I was drinking maggot piss.  No, I don't know what maggot piss taste like. I just assumed it would taste way.

Its gonna be a hot one.  I'm going with a mix of homebrew pale ale, sierra nevada pale ale and some different singles that were in a mix a six i got last weekend.  So something pale is my answer.

​You mixing all that together?  Oh, yeah, in your stomach.  Got it.

Gubna it is. No offense to your suggestions Kettle, was just looking for one specific beer recommendation.

No Gubna to be found. Drinking Bells Two Hearted and then Ballast Point GF Sculpin

​NOT, People Porter.  My son brought me some and I thought I was drinking maggot piss.  No, I don't know what maggot piss taste like. I just assumed it would taste way.

Your posts in this forum now do not matter.  Foothills brewery in general is good stuff. You can occassionally get that porter barrel aged at their brewpub.  Great stuff.

eta: im sorry. That was harsh.  Maybe you just dont like porters.  The style is one of my favorites and peoples is one of the better ones in my opinion. 

Archived