• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

USMNT Thread V. 2.0

That game was crazy hahah.  Bradley was the best player on the pitch, glad to see he's recovering from that lackluster world cup.  When in form he's our best player.  Defense was horrendous, Brek Shea may have a spot on this team somewhere but it for damn sure isn't at left back.  Wish Robbie Rogers would get a call up to play LB but just don't see it happening.  The sky is the limit for Brooks but he's still far from one of our top defenders.  He isn't near as good as Gonzo or Besler imo.  He offers a lot on corners and going forwards for a defender but as far as actually defending goes he's not quite there yet.  He always gets himself in the worst positions.  Yedlin was terrific, best I've seen from him since Brazil.  Spurs move must be really benefiting him.  Jordan Morris is the real deal, he needs to get the fug out of college already so he can start developing here.  He is the future at forward for the USMNT.

I saw a hilarious quote that really summed this game up: "We could have lost by 5, we could have won by 10."

That was an incredible strike by Wood lmao I went nuts looked like Aguero or non-injured Sturridge with the way he burried that.  Definitely not Germany's full squad but they still had some of their great players playing like Ozil, Gotze, Schweinsteiger, Gundogan, etc.  Still a great result and one we clearly deserved.  We were better for the entire last 60 minutes of the game.  Also we didn't have Dempsey and Altidore.  

Jordan Morris is so nice

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Altidore looks fuging horrible. Horrendous first touch, no touch on his passes, regularly misplays the ball, complete devoid of confidence in his own shot (passed up a free shot 1 on 1) and not strong enough to bully defenders off the ball. Really hate how easily he goes to ground and looks around for a refs whistle to bail him out instead of getting up and playing through contact.

On the bright side, Dempsey looks good as usual, Johannson looks promising and confident as a forward, and Ream has played mostly well in the back 4, certainly better than Alvarado against Honduras.

Gyasi could be the perfect second striker to Deuce, at least for this summer and the next.  He's so unselfish and takes much better touches than Jozy

agreed. i like seeing zardes up front with johannson. both are very aggressive and take defenders on instead of passing it around and losing it.

Archived