• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

USMNT Thread V. 2.0

Disgusting performance. Bedoya and Beckermann were horrendous. Not enough negative synonyms of horrible to describe how Alvarado has been this entire tournament. Don't even both showing up to the 3rd place game. SMFH

e: not sure why yedlin was not brought on sooner. should have been the first sub for bedoya. diskerud did nothing after being subbed on.

Well, that was awful. And the worst part is it's not like Jamaica didn't deserve it.

Our back four is brutal. We lack creativity again. Back to the drawing board.

Oh yeah, and put an important game in Atlanta. What could go wrong?

Give CONCACAF the Panama-Jamaica final they deserve.

318,900,000 people in this country, great facilities all over, fields in every town, youth leagues, high school, all college levels, semi-pro, clinics, camps,...can we not find 11 men who can win at soccer?

Well, that was awful. And the worst part is it's not like Jamaica didn't deserve it.

Our back four is brutal. We lack creativity again. Back to the drawing board.

Oh yeah, and put an important game in Atlanta. What could go wrong?

Give CONCACAF the Panama-Jamaica final they deserve.

agreed. can't even blame the refs, who had probably the best game out of any of the previous gold cup games (not saying much in CONCACAF).

back 4 is a huge problem. brad evans, johnson, and yedlin are the only decent pieces in the back line. brooks doesn't dominate in the air like he should and his work on defense does not make up for it.

the worst part of this team is what seems to be a lack of chemistry. many missed runs by the more creative players (bradley and dempsey), poor service on crosses (esp from bedoya who is usually good at crossing). seeing balls being passed out of bounds is infuriating.

the thing that bothers me most is this route 1 style of play with just long ball after long ball. i dont know if its because the team cant be trusted to maintain possession and actually pass the ball up the pitch or whatever, but the team plays similar to Stoke, just bombing up passes 75 yards upfield and quickly losing possession. is this route 1 style of play common in the MLS?

also, is it so hard to host these games in stadiums without a poo quality field? and in areas where soccer is actually popular and there will be support (basically only in the pacific northwest)

318,900,000 people in this country, great facilities all over, fields in every town, youth leagues, high school, all college levels, semi-pro, clinics, camps,...can we not find 11 men who can win at soccer?

Do you realize that after WW2 we didn't even qualify for a World Cup until 1990?

That was embarrassing. Everyone was bad, but Zardes, Beckerman, and Alvarado really stood out in that category. Darlington Nagbe please

Also if we lose the playoff for the confed cup Klinsmann should absolutely be fired. Bradley had better results at this point in their tenures

That was embarrassing. Everyone was bad, but Zardes, Beckerman, and Alvarado really stood out in that category. Darlington Nagbe please

Also if we lose the playoff for the confed cup Klinsmann should absolutely be fired. Bradley had better results at this point in their tenures

Bradley was woeful against non CONCACAF opponents. we would have lost all 3 games in the group stage at the WC with Bradley still as the coach. I agree that Klinsmann is losing slack, but I would rather keep him and see how he develops the rising talent in Zardes, Yedlin, Hyndman, Zelalem, and Green.

At some point the talent has to be there, and for the USA it just isnt there yet. I mean for gods sake we put in Alan Gordon at ST in an attempt to score an equalizer. There are players in Germany and Spain's U21 teams that are miles (or should I say kilometers) better than Alan Gordon and Mix Diskerud.

And another thing, I do not get the Zardes hate. The kid is 23 for gods sake. I would rather see him on the left wing or ST position than more Bedoya (enough of him whacking wayward crosses or sending it straight to the GK) and more Altidore (at least until he is healthy and back in form, if ever). He needs to stop being so hesitant when attacking and work on his finishing, but I see promise in both him and Johannson if they continue to improve.

Would rather see Morris, Agudelo or Rubin than Zardes at St. His touch just isn't where it needs to be, I like him but we have better options rising up the ranks

i would like to see him replace bedoya at LM then. bedoya is only good for a couple crosses every once in a while. rather have the 23 year old Zardes than the 28 year old Bedoya.

Bradley was woeful against non CONCACAF opponents. we would have lost all 3 games in the group stage at the WC with Bradley still as the coach. I agree that Klinsmann is losing slack, but I would rather keep him and see how he develops the rising talent in Zardes, Yedlin, Hyndman, Zelalem, and Green.

At some point the talent has to be there, and for the USA it just isnt there yet. I mean for gods sake we put in Alan Gordon at ST in an attempt to score an equalizer. There are players in Germany and Spain's U21 teams that are miles (or should I say kilometers) better than Alan Gordon and Mix Diskerud.

And another thing, I do not get the Zardes hate. The kid is 23 for gods sake. I would rather see him on the left wing or ST position than more Bedoya (enough of him whacking wayward crosses or sending it straight to the GK) and more Altidore (at least until he is healthy and back in form, if ever). He needs to stop being so hesitant when attacking and work on his finishing, but I see promise in both him and Johannson if they continue to improve.

Woeful against non concacaf opponents???? Bradley's 2009 confederation cup run reins superior to anything Klinsmann has accomplished yet?  We beat spain 2-nill and they won the world cup the next year.  You talk about our lack of talent and bringing in alan gordon yet that is entirely klinsmann's fault.  Again, Agudelo, Morris or Rubin are all better options than Alan Gordon.  Klinsmann didn't roll the dice with this roster and put any of our interesting young prospects on the roster and it bit him in the ass.  This team had no chemistry.  Pathetic showing.  If we don't beat Mexico in that playoff he should be fired.

Archived