• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers To Have Change at Mid-Field Logo

Lilsmitty09

I really dont understand why people care about having the shield at midfield..Am I the only one that thinks its kinda cool that we pay respect to the shield and the history behind it?

​All about it at the 25 yard lines and plastered all over the Jerseys, Stadium, etc. But our logo should be at midfield, and always should have been. One of the only gripes (it's a small one) I've had with JR. 

​All about it at the 25 yard lines and plastered all over the Jerseys, Stadium, etc. But our logo should be at midfield, and always should have been. One of the only gripes (it's a small one) I've had with JR. 

​What is the significance behind having our logo at midfield?  Why is it wrong for us not to have our logo at midfield?  Jerry understands how much the game has provided him.  He thinks other players should also recognize what a privilege it is to play in the league.  I think its a very nice gesture and a nice way for him to pay respect..but for some reason, fans feel disrespected by it.. i dont understand it, and I think those fans need to get over themselves.. Be proud that you have an owner that has that much respect for the game.  It doesnt mean he cares more about the league than he does his own team...Its just a nice gesture.  Stop making it into a big deal.

Good find...so I guess the NFL Kickoff and Divisional/WildCard playoff logos will be all gold too

​What is the significance behind having our logo at midfield?  Why is it wrong for us not to have our logo at midfield?  Jerry understands how much the game has provided him.  He thinks other players should also recognize what a privilege it is to play in the league.  I think its a very nice gesture and a nice way for him to pay respect..but for some reason, fans feel disrespected by it.. i dont understand it, and I think those fans need to get over themselves.. Be proud that you have an owner that has that much respect for the game.  It doesnt mean he cares more about the league than he does his own team...Its just a nice gesture.  Stop making it into a big deal.

Your reading to much into it.  I think it would be cool to have the logo at mid field it tells everyone where your playing on TV.  Sure the end zones say panthers but man that logo on other fields is awesome.  It's not to diminish how JR feels or discount the importance of the NFL.  I just think it would look cool,  is that so wrong? 

Your reading to much into it.  I think it would be cool to have the logo at mid field it tells everyone where your playing on TV.  Sure the end zones say panthers but man that logo on other fields is awesome.  It's not to diminish how JR feels or discount the importance of the NFL.  I just think it would look cool,  is that so wrong? 

​What am I reading into too much?  I've read other peoples comments about it, so I've seen plenty of people who feel that the shield at midfield is disrespectful to our fans or shows that JR cares more about the NFL than our team.  I think you are in the minority of people who want our logo at midfield "just because you think it would look cool"

​I'm not making it into a big deal, I said it was a small gripe. I think it would look great at midfield, and the NFL shield looks a bit out of place, like it's a Super Bowl or Pro Bowl game every Sunday at BOA (only other stadium that does it is MetLife, but it's for transition reasons, as it's a shared stadium). Panthers logo would look meaner and better, IMO. 

The Buffalo Bills' stadium in Orchard Park is named Ralph Wilson Stadium and commonly called"The Ralph". The new owners, the Pegula's, have expressed no desire to change it in honor of the man who brought football to WNY. Much the same reason the Packers play at Lambeau Field.

​Until 1998, it was Rich Stadium, named for Rich Foods. Buffalo was the first NFL team to sell corporate naming rights for the stadium.

​I'm not making it into a big deal, I said it was a small gripe. I think it would look great at midfield, and the NFL shield looks a bit out of place, like it's a Super Bowl or Pro Bowl game every Sunday at BOA (only other stadium that does it is MetLife, but it's for transition reasons, as it's a shared stadium). Panthers logo would look meaner and better, IMO. 

​So is there no part of you that feels that even though a panther would look awesome at midfield, its nice that JR has that type of respect for the game?  Small price to pay for a nice gesture, no?

​Until 1998, it was Rich Stadium, named for Rich Foods. Buffalo was the first NFL team to sell corporate naming rights for the stadium.

Yep, and now it is not. Before that they played at War Memorial Stadium. 17 years & counting as Ralph Wilson Stadium. Just illustrating that it can be done, it is not unique. And the list was incomplete.

Archived