• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sooooo, Space Jam 2

Jakob

I'm not implying that people are still upset about that, I was merely pointing out, that in regards to much of the "hate" he has received over the years, that was a substantial factor.

Not even going to bother comparing rosters of previous generations. Jordan always gets dragged into this, let LeBron's legacy stand on it's own.

I'm just saying that in the social media era, it seems that the hate is bordering on irrational. I don't remember a star player being hated as much as Lebron is. 

I'm just saying that in the social media era, it seems that the hate is bordering on irrational. I don't remember a star player being hated as much as Lebron is. 

I don't know about that, the huge influx of new Heat fans that came and went when he signed with Miami, and all the new Cavs fans popping up again can't exactly be shrugged off.

Sure there are still some people who hate him. Plenty of people absolutely despised Kobe Bryant, and still do. It isn't just James.

The star player attracts coverage and finds an open teammate. That is the right play. That is how the Warriors played and how the Spurs play. Doesn't mean that Steph Curry or Duncan or Parker are role players or were more aggressive in doing so than Lebron, they just had teammates make open shots or make the next pass for a shot. 

The starting PG was Mike Bibby, who shot 35%. His backup, Chalmers, shot 42% and only had 3.5 apg with 12 ppg. Joel Anthony was a black hole on offense and defense, shooting 29% (!!!) and barely getting any rebounds or blocks. Lebron, Wade, and Bosh combined for almost all of the Heat's offense every night. 

You seem to have missed the part where LeBron would kick the ball out to teammates who weren't open with the shot clock running down. In any case LeBron was not there mentally that series. It was clear as day. Go back and watch the way LBJ played against a strong Bull's defense in the 2011 ECF. That's how the best player on the planet is suppose to play when his team is in need. Then LeBron did a complete 180 against the Mavs. He crawled into shell and it cost his team.

If LBJ played against the Bull the way he did against Mavs they would not have even made it to the Finals in 2011. He spent large chunks of the 4th quarter standing in the corner like he was Bruce Bowen. But I guess that was his teammates fault...

LeBron, Wade, and Bosh carried the offensive load every season while they were together. That's how that team was built. And Chalmers had a nice series against the Mavs. He came up big with some key shots.

I don't know about that, the huge influx of new Heat fans that came and went when he signed with Miami, and all the new Cavs fans popping up again can't exactly be shrugged off.

Sure there are still some people who hate him. Plenty of people absolutely despised Kobe Bryant, and still do. It isn't just James.

I can get hating Kobe more considering the rape incident and how he is seemingly sociopathic.

The Decision was years ago. Anyone who is still upset about it is ridiculous. I don't blame him leaving Cleveland either, as they failed to surround him with any semblance of talent. Jordan had Scottie Pippen and Horace Grant developing as they were losing to the Pistons. Lebron had zydrunas ilgauskas.

Dude, how old are you?  

I defend LeBron to an extent, and have in this thread. I just want to make it clear that I'm not a huge LeBron James guy. I respect his game. I'm not a Cavs or Heat fan. But I've noticed a lot of times, the same people that worship MJ and want to call out bandwagon LeBron fans for being a fan of wherever he plays don't identify as Bulls fans today. It's a 2 way street. MJ fans normally identify as Tar Heel fans and call themselves Hornets fans. It's honestly the same thing. You'd think somewhere along the way of his 13 years in Chicago, they'd gain some kind of loyalty to the Bulls if he's their favorite player.

I defend LeBron to an extent, and have in this thread. I just want to make it clear that I'm not a huge LeBron James guy. I respect his game. I'm not a Cavs or Heat fan. But I've noticed a lot of times, the same people that worship MJ and want to call out bandwagon LeBron fans for being a fan of wherever he plays don't identify as Bulls fans today. It's a 2 way street. MJ fans normally identify as Tar Heel fans and call themselves Hornets fans. It's honestly the same thing. You'd think somewhere along the way of his 13 years in Chicago, they'd gain some kind of loyalty to the Bulls if he's their favorite player.

Is it bandwagoning when he grew up 10 minutes away from where I did?

Is it bandwagoning when he grew up 10 minutes away from where I did?

Yeah, in my opinion it is. I graduated with Madison Bumgarner at South Caldwell High School. I love the guy, but this has always been a Braves town (personally I'm a Pirates guy). Then in 09 he gets the call to the show and you'd swear this was a redneck San Francisco suburb. It's still bandwagoning because you're cheering for a team just because of one guy. We've all done it and I'm not specifically dogging on you, I'm just saying it's unfair for people to call out bandwagon Cavs and Heat fans when they were once bandwagon Bulls and Wizards fans.

Yeah, in my opinion it is. I graduated with Madison Bumgarner at South Caldwell High School. I love the guy, but this has always been a Braves town (personally I'm a Pirates guy). Then in 09 he gets the call to the show and you'd swear this was a redneck San Francisco suburb. It's still bandwagoning because you're cheering for a team just because of one guy. We've all done it and I'm not specifically dogging on you, I'm just saying it's unfair for people to call out bandwagon Cavs and Heat fans when they were once bandwagon Bulls and Wizards fans.

Most of the people here were just kids when MJ was in his prime playing for the Bulls.

I grew up with the Hornets, but was definitely a fan of Jordan's game, what kid wasn't?

Personally, I think there is a big difference between a kid idolizing one of the greatest athletes ever, and a grown adult shamelessly bandwagoning.

I don't see anything wrong with being a fan of LeBron's game in general. But that doesn't mean you have to bandwagon, and act like you've been a fan of that team all along.

I was never, ever, a Wizard fan.  I've always been a Hornets fan (besides when they moved), I just payed attention to Jordan because well, everyone did back in the day.  People literally stopped what they were doing to watch MJ.  He was that fuging awesome.  

Most of the people here were just kids when MJ was in his prime playing for the Bulls.

I grew up with the Hornets, but was definitely a fan of Jordan's game, what kid wasn't?

Personally, I think there is a big difference between a kid idolizing one of the greatest athletes ever, and a grown adult shamelessly bandwagoning.

I don't see anything wrong with being a fan of LeBron's game in general. But that doesn't mean you have to bandwagon, and act like you've been a fan of that team all along.

I was a teenager, I have a replica Bulls 1998 Championship ring of MJ's still with me to this day.  It's so bad ass.  

Post their career FG% outside the paint and I bet there is a very significant gap. Regardless, it's easy to stuff stats against the 76ers and Timberwolves in January. Performing on the big stage, against the best teams, is what separates MJ from LeBron/Kobe/etc.

NBA Finals...

MJ: 6-0 (24-11 W/L) 6x MVP

LB: 2-4 (13-20 W/L) 2x MVP

MJ: 48% fg, 37% 3pt

LB: 44% fg, 32% 3pt

MJ: 34 pt, 6 reb, 6 ast, 2 tov

LB: 26 pt, 9 reb, 6 ast, 4 tov

There is no comparison. Let it go.

And as good as LeBron was individually the past Finals, he still lost. MJ's '93 Finals were more impressive individually, and he actually won.

Come on Batman, you are better than that. A bucket is a bucket, inside the paint or not. Why should it matter were the basket comes from as long as the percentage is there? Obviously MJ had a better shot, but Lebron is much better using his frame in the lane than MJ was.

What kills me about MJ and Lebron comparisons is that they play the game with completely different styles. Lebron's numbers also show the era he is playing in, as he makes his living being a brute in the lane and from behind the arc, while MJ ate up the midrange game that was more indicative of his time.

Lebron is a PF/SF with a power game. MJ was a SG with a graceful game.

All that being said, this game is a team sport. People give Lebron the Dan Marino treatment. Much like Dan, Lebron has had to carry teams.

The more I look at the Heat, even those teams were flawed. Sure you Had the big three, but the team was poorly built beyond that. They never had a post presence or a strong enforcer/rebounder. MJ played with Rodman, Grant, and his teams had multiple 7 footers clogging the lane defensively. 

Phil Jackson and co. knew how to build teams that lacked glaring weaknesses. Without the injuries, this year Cavs team would have been the most balanced team Lebron has ever been a part of regarding talent, and he has had to wait until his 30's for that to finally happen.

• 2 weeks later...

Everybody is fully aware, doesn't mean we can't laugh at his pitfalls and the fact that he chokes or quits on his team.  ALA game 4 and 5 in the Finals.  

I can see the storyline now! With 20 seconds left LeBron passes the ball to Bugs. Bugs gets crushed by the Monstars. Monstars recover the ball, win the game. Immediately after the game, LeBron cries he didn't have enough help on the Tune Squad. Takes his talents to the Monstars.

lol that storyline is too funny. 

Archived