• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

This game shows how we'll play this season

Mark S

And did anyone else notice we continue to run that play where Cotchery comes in motion and lines up in the backfield behind Cam and the RB. Does that accomplish anything? I'm literally asking because it seems to me like that creates an advantage for the defense, especially since we always run it up the middle. It gets stuffed immediately... Any insight would be amazing.

I think the exact same thing every single time.  What, are they going to run a screen to Cotchery that will also go absolutely nowhere.  Cotchery is obviously liked, but I can't imagine what he will provide the WR corp other than occasionally moving the chains.  I see no advantage to keeping him on the roster

I'm sorry, but frankly the only thing that matters in these pre season games is the first two qtrs when it's the ones vs the ones and I hate to be "that guy" but we are in big trouble this season.

Our 1st team O line still looked horrible opening up running lanes and our 1st team RBs didn't do squat. Now the good news is our pass protection looked downright masterful, this O line is built to pass protect and if we stand any chance, it's scaling back the run game big time and make this the Cam/Olsen pass heavy show.

Other than Shaq looking brilliant tonight we looked awful. Our special teams looked atrocious, Tannehill shredded us like he was Joe Montana. Our red zone D looked promising until that boneheaded hold by Harper, which leads me to the next issue..

Discipline, we have none. I'm sorry, but I'm keeping it real as I can and while I'm not ready to necessarily say we are a 4-12/5-11 caliber team, I am willing to say it won't necessarily shock me if that's our record.

Defence will improve with CJ, star, and short. Plus Norman didn't have a good game. Stewart had like 5 carries, so I don't have a big enough of a sample size to say anything about him. Also, I expect the chemistry between Cam and the recievers will improve. If cam had better chemistry the first team o would have looked a lot better.

Pro tip: No it won't we sucked the preseason when we went 12-4 and there was similar panic. We are a better team than last year at this point.

You can't be talking about the 2013 12-4 season... because other than that 2nd game against the Eagles we looked fuging awesome in the preseason that year. 

We got blitzed by the Eagles because we were literally one of the first teams to see Chip's hyperspeed no huddle offense.  Even then we still had some positives in that one as well IIRC.

Archived