• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Fans Who Left At the Half

pamlicopanther

It's easy for people to blame "The PSL owners"

But I for one have NEVER sat with a PSL owner who didn't get crazy.

Scrum, Cooter, Skew are all good examples of people who rarely sit at games.

I'm sure 99% of the posters on this board who are PSL owners make all the noise they can.

It's the atmosphere the Panther top brass want to present that is the core of the issue. The "family friendly pro football game" concept. And while thats all well and good for a good bit of our fanbase, it isn't condusive to an exceptionally loud/rowdy stadium.

It might also explain why our night games carry a completely different intensity level, as most of the kidlets are home in bed so Mom and Dad can really cut loose.

Actually not as much as you think.PSL's easily change hands, and many of the "wine/cheesers" have sold out over the 8-8 7-9 seasons.It isn't a PSL'er problem, it's a Stadium Atmosphere and Culture of Charlotte problem.So many Transplants, OtherFans, and Social Eventers around the area make for a poor home base.The Stadium has many bad stories about home fan abuse that give it a bad vibe from time to time.* Charlotte just isn't a gritty town, and the "family" atmosphere scares a lot of diehards away.

It's all of that.* But it is a PSL'er problem too.* I don't have an answer for the lack of support but it is insane that after fifteen years the stadium gets over run like that.* I realize the Panthers won't have the National following but at least be able to produce a decent HOME GAME CROWD.* The excuses offered are credible just not acceptable. There were bus loads of Philly fans unloading in the lot next to us 40 or 50 at a time. BUS LOADS! Those tickets were aquired from lame ass PSL owners. That is sad.

It's all of that.* But it is a PSL'er problem too.* I don't have an answer for the lack of support but it is insane that after fifteen years the stadium gets over run like that.* I realize the Panthers won't have the National following but at least be able to produce a decent HOME GAME CROWD.* The excuses offered are credible just not acceptable. There were bus loads of Philly fans unloading in the lot next to us 40 or 50 at a time. BUS LOADS! Those tickets were aquired from lame ass PSL owners. That is sad.

You have no ability to know that.

Panthers (like every NFL team) give many tickets to the visiting team.

It's easy for people to blame "The PSL owners"

But I for one have NEVER sat with a PSL owner who didn't get crazy.

Scrum, Cooter, Skew are all good examples of people who rarely sit at games.

I'm sure 99% of the posters on this board who are PSL owners make all the noise they can.

It's the atmosphere the Panther top brass want to present that is the core of the issue. The "family friendly pro football game" concept. And while thats all well and good for a good bit of our fanbase, it isn't condusive to an exceptionally loud/rowdy stadium.

It might also explain why our night games carry a completely different intensity level, as most of the kidlets are home in bed so Mom and Dad can really cut loose.

See, I don't really get blaming the "family friendly" attitude. We see rabid fans - families in tow - at high school and college football games. Grew up going to them all, and taking my kids. Even in that rabid fan-dom, people are able (for the most part) to be excited and rowdy and loud while still allowing for families to be there.

Every single stadium (high school, college and pro) has certain expectations as far as behavior is concerned. The Panthers are no different. No, we don't allow guys to strip off their shirts -- big damn deal. No, we don't allow drunks to rant profanities, spill their beer everywhere, and threaten other patrons -- big damn deal. NO other professional stadium allows that either.

Again, as for the texting, they've been doing that in other stadiums for years. Saw it in Chicago at the playoff game a few years ago. So, don't go crying that "only the Panthers" would do this. It's not true.

Whatever the problem is with the team, I don't see it as being the fans.

Nope. Ecspecially the ones who show up and support the the HOME TEAM at the HOME STADIUM. The ones who can't make it to the stadium too. It's the filth who have the means to go but sell out to the other teams fans by the THOUSANDS that sicken me. The team problems are another story.

I usually dont leave early. I have stayed through some a$$ rapings, in the past. I am usually hard on people who do leave early. But yesterday was something different. I had such high expectations for this team. I left about half way through the 3rd. The only reason I stayed that long was to see if Jake would be pulled. How much of a a$$ do you think he feels like when the few fans remaining stood and went crazy when McCown came in. I was hungery and thusty and I was not going to spend any more money in that place. So I gave Chillies my money instead. I really do believe it is the only way we as fans can voice our opinions. I am a proud Panthers fan, and I love the game just as much as anyone, but when you are that disgusted you have every right to voice your opinion of your team.

And where do these companies buy all there tickets from? The Panthers sure as hell do not give out twenty thousand tickets to the other team. The tickets aren't fake. Where do they come from?

Actually, the Panthers (as with all NFL teams) have group ticket sales, and most of the tour operator tickets are bought that way. Not saying all of them come from there. Others come through brokers, who get their tickets from season ticket holders, yes.

I also was told by a tour operator that he talked to some regular scalpers yesterday, and they didn't sell ONE ticket to a Panthers fan. (I know one of them sold at least one, because we bought it, but still.)

I was just under the impression that the majority of the seats were sold as PSL's. I thought that most of those were people in this region that were/are Panther fans. Maybe I'm wrong, I really don't know. The fact that so many tickets are given, provided, procured by opposing team fans is sickening. Maybe there is twenty thousand tickets available for the other team. It seems to be the case. It's just frustrating to be the minority or close to it, in your own damn stadium. Add the teams performance to that and it makes for one sh*tty, exspensive day.

Archived