• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Stewart hurt; Rivera "concerned"

Ruff

3 hours ago, carolinahiatt said:

Means nothing?  Lol then why do we keep him? Stewart is great but doesn't have the speed like Whittaker or Wegher.

Please tell me that you are not actually making an argument that Whittaker and Wegher are better RB's than Stewart.  Dear God.

I remember when we used to rotate Deangelo and Stewart and would wind up with both nicked up, Of all the positions on the team RB is one of our deepest. There will be a drop off in talent if we have to activate CAP or Wegher but fresh legs might more than make up for it. I view the inactivity as a positive if we have to go forward with them. They have still been practicing all year against our D on the scout team. I feel much better about plugging in a RB with little experience over a corner.

15 hours ago, rainwater said:

Wow.  We keep him for backup depth.  It doesn't mean he should be playing.  Wegher isn't playing unless Stewart, Tolbert, and Fozzy are hurt.  That is just how it works.  He isn't jumping over 4 players and going to start playing.  We are not the Eagles.  We don't rotate 5 running backs.

I never said start him.  A least a couple snaps.  So because of seniorty even if you might be better you don't get to play.  

Archived