• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

J. Bettis' comments on Fox & Delhomme

raleigh-panther

i say we wait 5 years and get that kid from michigan

maybe its not a bad thing we suck. given julius attitude during the off season, we can trade him for a first round pick during the draft or something and pick up a decent quarterback. detroit could use a d lineman. lots of good quarterbacks coming to the draft this year....colt mccoy sam bradford, The Golden Calf of Bristol. thanks hurney for contiuing to trade away our 1st round pick. you know honestly who cares. my apathy grows as i type. speaking long term we are really screwed. we need a genius of a draft and fox/hurney arent that.

now we have no first round pick because we traded it to get a midgett DE for our bench. after we have a losing season this year, we'd have a nice first round pick next year to get one of those QB's from what is shaping up to be a very deep draft next year.

again with the front office mistakes.

It seems to me that the Panthers MO the past few years has been one good year followed by one (or two) bad or mediocre. Fox and Hearney are the architects of this team and ultimately Mr. Richardson will have to decide if one good team every so often is good enough for him. It wouldn't be in Pittsburgh, or New England, or Indy. The decision that left us with no future draft pick next Spring was, IMHO, made out of panic. We picked a good college DE, but questionable pro, because we were unsure about Peppers. There was a reason Brown fell to the second round. Even if Bettis is right, and that remains to be seen, whoever comes in next will need a few years to dig out from the mistakes of the current regime. It won't be a quick fix. Many of us predicted a slow start this year given the difficult schedule. If we could salvage 9-7 and a wild card bid, everyone might keep their jobs for a while. If not, it will be harder to stay the course with the same leadership.

now we have no first round pick because we traded it to get a midgett DE for our bench. after we have a losing season this year, we'd have a nice first round pick next year to get one of those QB's from what is shaping up to be a very deep draft next year.

again with the front office mistakes.

Why worry, chum? We can just trade out 2011 1st round pick for a first round pick in 2010.

We were in cap trouble this offseason,we couldn't sign any of our own FA's let alone any help for this team.

Peppers Tag cap figured killed us this year.

Maybe he works out a long term deal next off season and wants to stay with us.If not we trade him for a high first round pick and maybe a third to someone and look at a QB in the draft.That's the only light I see at the end of the tunnel, if the current path continues.Jake can't seem to get out of his own way and Fox continues to back and show loyalty to players that seem to be well on the down side of things.Can it all turn around,yeah it can but will it.

I would just once love to see Fox loose his cool on the sideline and chew some arse.I think he does get after the guys in the locker room(atleast I hope he does)But maybe a public tirad would get some motivation from this wishy washy team.

I think Fox is a good coach to laid back and conservative but a good coach.He main problem in my eyes is his loyalty to players.Look at the good teams and some of the players they let go Seymore from NE ring a bell?????

maybe its not a bad thing we suck. given julius attitude during the off season, we can trade him for a first round pick during the draft or something and pick up a decent quarterback. detroit could use a d lineman. lots of good quarterbacks coming to the draft this year....colt mccoy sam bradford, The Golden Calf of Bristol. thanks hurney for contiuing to trade away our 1st round pick. you know honestly who cares. my apathy grows as i type. speaking long term we are really screwed. we need a genius of a draft and fox/hurney arent that.

You can't trade Peppers during the draft, he will be a free agent again as soon as the season ends. They need to trade Peppers now if they can't sign him to a sensible contract. If you think his salary is crippling them this year wait untill it doubles when they tag him next year. The whole Peppers Gross fiasco was a total f^ck up for somebody that is supposed to be a wizard of a personnel man.

You can't trade Peppers during the draft, he will be a free agent again as soon as the season ends. They need to trade Peppers now if they can't sign him to a sensible contract. If you think his salary is crippling them this year wait untill it doubles when they tag him next year. The whole Peppers Gross fiasco was a total f^ck up for somebody that is supposed to be a wizard of a personnel man.

There can be no contract negotiations with Peppers until after the season...

Archived