• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Fox era is almost over. Forget the Superbowl for 2 years.

PantherFanForLife

i hate the way fox always takes up for jake...its so lame..fox and jake need to go!

I just want to see Fox for once show some damn balls. Get pissed and DO SOMETHING about it when the game is going wrong. Make some clear changes get in some guys faces. Stuff that a coach should be doing. He's too laid back and I am sick of it. I just want him gone. He's not even passive agressive, let alone agressive. He's freaking passive. Just plain passive.

"Yeah well you know it doesn;t matter if we lose by 5 or 75. A loss is a loss. It doesn't matter if we lose this season or 5....there is still next decacade...except I forgot to draft guys for the next decade but we will worry about that next decade...we'll take it one decade at a time".

Oh and one more thing. Lets get something clear. Fox DID NOT bench Jake. The crowd benched Jake. Either that or Jake benched himself.

"Coach I need you to bench me now."

Fox: But you are our guy Jake....we are behind you.

Jake: "No really I need to get benched. Are you serious? I suck. I suck bad". I am going to get shot if you don't bench me. Please coach!!!!. Bench meeeeeeeeeeeee!

Fox: " Jake are you sure about this?"

Jake: "Bench meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!"

Oh and one more thing. Lets get something clear. Fox DID NOT bench Jake. The crowd benched Jake. Either that or Jake benched himself.

DING DING DING!!!!

yes this is so truthfull! he even said it in a post game interview it was jake that wanted to get out.... thats a darn shame that this team is gonna change when the stadium seats get empty... it should not have to come to that!!!!

If Jake continues to be horrible, I don't see how Fox and Hurney don't get the exit with him. They put this entire franchise in peril by hitching their ride to Delhomme(when many of the fans and observers knew Delhomme was old, not that great, and had a career ending type of injury he was coming back from. Then even after the Az game they give him $20 Million guaranteed.

Worse, there is no heir apparent ready to take over. Drafted Stewart over Flaco or Trent Edwards, and on and on.

If Jake continues to be horrible, I don't see how Fox and Hurney don't get the exit with him. They put this entire franchise in peril by hitching their ride to Delhomme(when many of the fans and observers knew Delhomme was old, not that great, and had a career ending type of injury he was coming back from. Then even after the Az game they give him $20 Million guaranteed.

Worse, there is no heir apparent ready to take over. Drafted Stewart over Flaco or Trent Edwards, and on and on.

I don;t understand how no heads have rolled so far after last season. If I screwed up that bad on my job...I would be freaking fired. Even if its no one's fault you still have to fire somebody. Fire the janitor if you have to. You fire on principle dammit. Fire the parking lot attendant. I don't care. Just fire somebody.

You know there are only TWO ways to get resepect and follow through from somebody or a group of people. One is by being assertive....saying u going to do something and doing it. That's clearly not happening. John Fox is too busy dodging any questions to be setting any goals or making any promises. He's terrific at lowering expectations and not setting any.

The other is fear. How do you scare someone? Not by giving him a contract extension. That sure as hell isn't the way. And I know Jake isn't too scared that any of his two back ups will take his job nor A J Feely.

Too much comfort and catering = complacency.

And that goes for our owner and Fox too. I would have never publicly stated Fox's job is safe. Even if it was. I would never tell him. I would keep that to myself and keep the guy guessing so he has to work and prove himself every single day.

"The Fox era is almost over"

The Fox era was over when he signed Jake to a 5year contract extension and gave away the 1st pick in the draft. Now you got no backup and don't have a 1st pick next year. And now all your players are looking at each other and saying "How is this guy making 40 mill and they can't even get the best player on the team(peppers) a contract." He is losing the locker room. And thats the worst new of all if you are a Panther Fan!

we gave a 37 year old mediocre qb a 5 year contract.

that makes 0 friggin sense to me.

And you know talent because you sit on your couch and watch football.

If everyone here knew half what they fuging thought they knew, you would all be scouts for the NFL.

The way our fanbase has turned after one game turns my stomach.

If Fox is gone after the season......There will be a lot of experienced guys out there that could replace him. Of the following....Who would you want?

Mike Shannahan

Bill Cowher

John Gruden

Mike Holmgren

Herm Edwards

Brian Billick

Tony Dungy

forgot Marty S.

I just hope Steve Smith doesn't bail on us like Peppers did. Couldn't blame him though, there isn't a QB and Coaching Staff here that can get him the ball.

forgot Marty S.

I just hope Steve Smith doesn't bail on us like Peppers did. Couldn't blame him though, there isn't a QB and Coaching Staff here that can get him the ball.

I would love to have Gruden. His awesome and young. Not to mention a ton of personality which is something this team needs badly.

And like I said in another thread. I would trade Smith. Give him a chance to go to a team that may get him a Superbowl ring in the short time cause it won't be ours and God knows he deserves it. Trade him and Peppers too and give the new coach a lot of draft picks to start building the team with fresh young talent. Keep Beason, and our running backs to get us another decent year in the mean time and bring in a 1-2 year QB to play during the transition period and let the rookie adjust.

That of course would be a dream come true and the smart thing to do so I don;t see it happening unfortunatelly.

If everyone here knew half what they f**king thought they knew, you would all be scouts for the NFL.

Wait until after you lose the 2nd game!:seeya:

If everyone here knew half what they f**king thought they knew, you would all be scouts for the NFL.

Someone has some sense on this board! OK, well, most members with over 500 posts have sense (most).

I would trade Smith.

That would be very generous, but only if that's what he wants.

However, it would completely change the Panthers for me. I love this team because of who is part of it, not just the shell itself. Smith, Muhammad, Delhomme, Peppers, Beason, Kasay, Williams, Stewart, etc. etc. are the reason I watch the Panthers play and the reason I cheer for them. They are the face of the organization and just trading them away would completely ruin the team in my eyes.

Archived