• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Fox era is almost over. Forget the Superbowl for 2 years.

PantherFanForLife

While I appreciate everything John Fox and Jake has done for this club over the years I am glad to see this happening. This club has been long overdue for an overhaul.

I mean come on our kicker was an original Panther for Christ's sake. Nothing against Kasey I love the guy. And I believe John Fox to be a great coach. But I also believe its glaringly obvious the time for a change is here.

And I will reiterate my belief that no matter who we bring in at QB nothing will change as long as John Fox gets to make the calls. I am sick and tired of the run run run mentality that this team has been built on and that has led us to become a dinosaur even in our own division. We are really becoming outdated as a club in comparison to the rest of the NFL.

Don't get me wrong, I have not completely given up on this season, I am still behind Jake to finish the season as a started and I still believe John Fox to win us some games in the near future. But I think we the fans need to have a change in attitude and perception as far as what to expect from our club over the next couple of years. We need to start thinking long-term and stop thinking SB in the short term because I truly believe we are in a dangerous and delicate position and if the right moves are not made over the next 2 years this club could possibly be doomed to go on a downward spiral for many many years to come.

Here me out. We have a lot of talent currently on our team but with the exception of Beason and Stewart ALL of our top guys are getting up there in age and we have exactly 0 young players at the moment to fill their shoes and take over in 2 years. That is the scariest part. We have no young talent to develop. None. Zero. Zip. Zilch.

We don't have a wide receiver to replace Smith or even a second wide receiver. We don;t have a QB to replace Delhomme. Our safties are mediocre and Peppers will not be nowhere near what he is today two years from now. We are hurting on special teams and our salary cap is in horrible shape as well.

So if the Panthers are going to be a force to be feared 2 years from today....we;re probably going to need to replace about 80% of the starters we have righ now as well as the entire management and coaching staff. And the sad part is currently all of that is in the hands of Fox and current management which has been absolutely horrible in offseason aquisitions and drafting the past couple of years.

What are your opinions as far as long term changes that must be made in order to ensure the Panthers will continue to be a top tier football club 2 years from today?

PS: One of my biggest problems with manangement and Fox was not so much his coaching. His philosophy has paid off for us in the past and that is his style. That is who he is. No my biggest problem is that they have wasted a lot of money on paying for a lot of mediocre players that have only served to fill the problematic roster areas temporarily. Most of the guys we traded for we had to replace again the next year or two years down the road. Quick fixes to replace injured guys. They have been so focused themselves on winning a Superbowl that they haven't given enough attention to the long term success of this club. And they have also maxed out our salary cap.

We actually have the 4th youngest team in the NFL.

Dude I am talking about the guys that matter. How dominant do you see Steve, Jake, Peppers, Moose, Gross, in 2011. Seriously.

Think about that for a second.

And I said young talent. Not just young. Young talent. Which one of the young guys we have other than Stewart and Beason do u see becoming dominant players like the ones listed above in two years when we are going to need them?

Can u name one? Moore? Jarett? Who? I honestly can't name one player on our team that I am excited about seeing two years from now. Not one.

4.5 years experience amoung 53 players

And if you replaced 5 players Panthers would be the youngest

Kasay 19 seasons LLoyd takes over

Moose14 seasons Moore takes over

Hoover10 Seasons Fiaemmetta takes over

Diggs 10 seasons Connor takes over

Jake 11 season They bet the house on Jake

I agree on Fox not making the calls

DAVIDSON promised alot when he came here

He's yet to grow a set of BALL's and take the offense away froim Fox

Maybe he's afraid he will get fired by Fox

News Flash:::

New coaches bring in their GUY's

So Jeff keep backing Fox, don't step up

And when the broom sweeps Fox out you can enjoy the ride also .

80% of the team replaced ??

The talent is here just not being used correctly

Dude I am talking about the guys that matter. How dominant do you see Steve, Jake, Peppers, Moose, Gross, in 2011. Seriously.

Think about that for a second.

And I said young talent. Not just young. Young talent. Which one of the young guys we have other than Stewart and Beason do u see becoming dominant players like the ones listed above in two years when we are going to need them?

Can u name one? Moore? Jarett? Who? I honestly can't name one player on our team that I am excited about seeing two years from now. Not one.

I see your point. No arguments here. It is obvious we have no offensive development players or seem to have the coaching to develop any young players. If Steve Smith goes....where is our next star other than in the running back position? Goodson was supposed to be used in the slot and in space but..uh...that would require some creative coaching.

You never know !

I remember several ,myself included

Saying why in the world did Panthers draft some guy named Steve Smith to return Punts

Who is this guy

Well thats kind of been the mentality of this coaching staff has it not? Finding diamonds in the rough? Yeah its great when an underdog becomes a star.

But can't we just for once actually go after the talent that's already proven? That is all I ask. Can't we freaking get excited like every other fan in the NFL when our team picks up a hot new college prospect. Can we even afford to take any more gutshot chances at this point on guys that COULD MAYBE PERHAPS become great one day? I really don't think so.

For all the chances we have taken with underdogs I think the record of the provens have held up a lot better. I mean yea sure you could get unlucky and get an Alex Smith and get really lucky and get a Brady or Smith for cheap.

But most of the time guys like Vick, Flaco, Matt Ryan, Romo....are freaking good. And they do perform great in the NFL. It just feels too much like this staff has been doing patch work. Thats the best way to describe it. Our scouts and coaches aren't carpenters....they are handymen.

We don't need to plug the holes in the wall with drywall anymore. We need to tear the freaking thing down and re-build it out of concrete and steal.

And again I am not saying our staff is horrible or that John Fox is a bad coach. I am just saying this staff is no longer working for the Carolina Panthers and perhaps thats where all of those "no heart" comments got started in the first place. We need new faces and new blood. And honestly I have never been able to see Fox as a motivational coach that can get a team to rally around him.

He just doesn't have that warrior feel about him. He seems more like a guy that should be doing some kind of paperwork, political, type job.

Archived