• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jake's Confidence - NFLN Video

TrueBlackandBlue

It's obvious Jake has confidence issues... with how he's played he should be rattled. But as a panthers fan it kills me to hear my fellow fans boo our quarterback. He knows that he's playing like crap and espn is giving him enough criticism that they don't need our help. I know that theres not much fans can do to actually affect how our team plays, but I think this is one of the few times when we might matter. He needs a confidence boost and we certainly aren't helping. I think we should show him some loyalty. We forget he went to the Pro Bowl in 2004 WITHOUT Steve Smith and he's taken us to the playoffs 3 out of the 5 seasons he's been our starting quarterback! (I'm not including 2007 when he played 3 games). Even if he has played like piss in the last two games, show some gratitude for making Carolina a far more successful team than the vast majority of the nfl during his time here. Even if you don't want to cheer when he runs on the field (I understand) just keep your mouth shut. I don't want to sound like I have love affair with him but I think the jake-haters, even now, are much more disconnected with reality. I think the NFL Network actually did a fair and objective analysis of the Jake situation that is worth a look.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/carolina-panthers/09000d5d812a01a4/Trouble-with-Delhomme

HOORAY!

another thread saying Jake is good NOW because he played good back THEN

its like someone drinking expired milk, and saying, "well... if the milk was good 2 months ago, its being sour doesn't matter now. Just remember how good the milk use to taste, and keep drinking it."

I will agree with xclown to a point. I have been a Jake supporter for a long time. But there comes a time when fans need to let a player and, more importantly, a coach know when they aren't happy. After all, we are paying them, sometimes a lot of money, and we have the right to react how we want to. I find it extremely hard to defend Jake now. I used to have the "Good Jake/Bad Jake" argument, but I can't anymore. He's just been awful.

Archived