• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Carolina Panthers cannot develop a Quarterback

Kevin Greene

Umm OK, maybe you missed the Smitty reference.

So, who would be the best guy to bring in? I have no idea, they don't pay me to spend hours and hours researching and evaluating every single possible option in the world. That doesn't mean I can't tell that the current situation isn't working. Look at the results and it's pretty obvious we haven't been a good franchise at developing QBs.

Can you name even a single QB that we've successfully developed?

with Scherer in, he's definitely an upgrade over McCoy. I don't think that fuger did anything but give the QBs a candy bar every time they made a good throw in practice.

Still, who's our young option? Moore? Let's face it, his ceiling is low, the staff doesn't have enough confidence in him, he'll be average at best, and this is not 1991 where an average QB is enough to lead you to the superbowl if you've got a running game and a defense.

please, get some talent you can work with and build some swagger into.

Yep.

Trent Dilfer was awesome

But with a weaker running game than ours the Ravens won 2 playoff games last year against the Dolphins and Titans. ;)

But Flacco would have failed here.

Are you implying that a rookie Flacco could have won the Super Bowl with our crappy defense last year at playoff time?

with Scherer in, he's definitely an upgrade over McCoy. I don't think that f**ker did anything but give the QBs a candy bar every time they made a good throw in practice.

Still, who's our young option? Moore? Let's face it, his ceiling is low, the staff doesn't have enough confidence in him, he'll be average at best, and this is not 1991 where an average QB is enough to lead you to the superbowl if you've got a running game and a defense.

please, get some talent you can work with and build some swagger into.

:lol:

you know if we had a 2000+ yard power running game, like the 2000 Ravens, and a defense that was one of the stingiest defenses in points allowed of it's time, like the 2000 Ravens, we could be looking at a superbowl contender here.

I mean pretty much everything else would have to be that close to perfect to get to the superbowl with the QB position the way it is here and now. I don't know, I guess it must be easier to do that than draft a QB and develop.

Yep.

Trent Dilfer was awesome

But with a weaker running game than ours the Ravens won 2 playoff games last year against the Dolphins and Titans. ;)

But Flacco would have failed here.

Are you implying that a rookie Flacco could have won the Super Bowl with our crappy defense last year at playoff time?

RB was pointing out how good a team must be to win with a mediocre QB. I'll take our running game but our D isn't at that level of course. Do I think Flacco would have played better than Delhomme last year against AZ? Yes.

RB was pointing out how good a team must be to win with a mediocre QB. I'll take our running game but our D isn't at that level of course. Do I think Flacco would have played better than Delhomme last year against AZ? Yes.

I agree with all of that, however, I still don't think we go any further than the NFC Championship with last year's late season defense regardless of whether or not Flacco was starting for us.

Archived