• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Carolina Panthers cannot develop a Quarterback

Kevin Greene

The Carolina Panthers cannot develop a Quarterback

Been seeing this quite a bit on the board lately.

"Joe Flacco would have not developed because our coaches suck."

http://www.carolinahuddle.com/forum/carolina-panthers/19844-knowing-everything-you-know-now-who-when-would-you-have-replaced-jake.html

"Why waste a draft pick when the Panthers don't have the coaching to develop a Quarter Back?

http://www.carolinahuddle.com/forum/carolina-panthers/20227-everyone-wanting-expecting-panthers-draft-qb.html

Etc, etc.

Yet you have many of the same posters clammoring for Matt Moore who's been on the roster for 3 years to start.

http://www.carolinahuddle.com/forum/carolina-panthers/19845-time-has-come.html

Apparently we can develop Matt Moore but not a draft pick?

At some point talent makes coaches look good.

As Joe Flacco would have in 2008.

And so Mike Mccoy now the OC with the Broncos sucked. So does Rip Scherer our current QB coach.

But somehow an undrafted free agent made the Pro Bowl for the Panthers in 2005. Must have been the coaching he received when he completed 50 passes for the Saints in 5 years?

So what is it the current Panthers staff develops well?

Running backs?

Deangelo Williams is a star quality performer that waited 2 years to get the starting nod for the Panthers.

Talent always makes coaching look good.

Having missed Joe Flacco in 2007, do what's necessary to bring QB talent to the Panthers in 2010.

Matt Moore has not been developed into a starter quality QB, otherwise he would have at least been #2 on the depth chart. He doesn't look like he's made any significant strides since coming to the Panthers.

Jake had his best years shortly after joining the team, he was really developed in NFL Europe (along with a guy named Kurt Warner). His pro bowl was for the 2004 season and it's all been downhill since then.

Really every QB we bring in either stays the same or gets worse. No this franchise can't develop QB to save their lives (or possibly jobs).

you know if we had a 2000+ yard power running game, like the 2000 Ravens, and a defense that was one of the stingiest defenses in points allowed of it's time, like the 2000 Ravens, we could be looking at a superbowl contender here.

I mean pretty much everything else would have to be that close to perfect to get to the superbowl with the QB position the way it is here and now. I don't know, I guess it must be easier to do that than draft a QB and develop.

you know if we had a 2000+ yard power running game, like the 2000 Ravens, and a defense that was one of the stingiest defenses in points allowed of it's time, like the 2000 Ravens, we could be looking at a superbowl contender here.

I mean pretty much everything else would have to be that close to perfect to get to the superbowl with the QB position the way it is here and now. I don't know, I guess it must be easier to do that than draft a QB and develop.

Yep.

Trent Dilfer was awesome

But with a weaker running game than ours the Ravens won 2 playoff games last year against the Dolphins and Titans. ;)

But Flacco would have failed here.

Archived