• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Practice Squad Change

jdpanther5

The previous 2-player limit was part of a 2-year experiment, so I wasn't sure if there would be any exceptions this year as that provision had expired. Instead, they've doubled it. 

Could be an interesting development relating to the receiver battle. Hill and Bersin each spent time on the practice squad these last two years as a result of this exception. Of the 14 receivers on the roster, only Ginn and Hill don't qualify for the practice squad under this provision.

3 minutes ago, jdpanther5 said:

The previous 2-player limit was part of a 2-year experiment, so I wasn't sure if there would be any exceptions this year as that provision had expired. Instead, they've doubled it. 

Could be an interesting development relating to the receiver battle. Hill and Bersin each spent time on the practice squad these last two years as a result of this exception. Of the 14 receivers on the roster, only Ginn and Hill don't qualify for the practice squad under this provision.

I still don't see how Berse can be PS eligible after all this time, but I am sure you understand the convoluted rules more than me. I guess that "accrued seasons" means 16 total games or something.

27 minutes ago, top dawg said:

I still don't see how Berse can be PS eligible after all this time, but I am sure you understand the convoluted rules more than me. I guess that "accrued seasons" means 16 total games or something.

Six games to equal an accrued season, and players qualify for the exception if they have no more than two accrued seasons. While we're going on year 5 with Bersin in camp, the first two years he didn't make the team. So only two accrued seasons.

5 hours ago, jdpanther5 said:

Six games to equal an accrued season, and players qualify for the exception if they have no more than two accrued seasons. While we're going on year 5 with Bersin in camp, the first two years he didn't make the team. So only two accrued seasons.

Isn't there a limit of 2 years that a player can be on the practice squad? Bersin's first 2 years here were practice squad, so I don't think he can do practice squad a 3rd year

14 hours ago, O-Ther said:

Isn't there a limit of 2 years that a player can be on the practice squad? Bersin's first 2 years here were practice squad, so I don't think he can do practice squad a 3rd year

Players are eligible for a third year if their team "never has less than 53 players on the active roster."

Either way, Bersin was just cut his first year and then played in the CFL or something. Only one full practice squad season.

Archived