• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Batum signs with Hornets 5yr/120mil

Glad we resigned Batum and for a little less than his max number.

This move will only be a good one if we add another player and Im not talking about Marvin Williams , if we pay him north of 10 million its a terrible move and that 18 million number floated out yesterday is terrifying and just cancels out the batum signing if we do that. 

PG -  Walker , FA backup ,

SG- Batum , Belinelli  , Daniels 

SF- MKG , Lamb

PF - Kaminsky , Free agent lots of options interchangeable 

C-  Free agent , Zeller , Hawes 

With this roster we have to add something thats not Marvin Williams to our Big Pool and a decent backup point ,  personally i like the change up Lin brings if he could be had at a decent price but i believe he will be to much as well. 

Thanks @RoaringRiot i totally forgot about Daniels. 

1 minute ago, PantherKing1983 said:

Glad we resigned Batum and for a little less than his max number.

This move will only be a good one if we add another player and Im not talking about Marvin Williams , if we pay him north of 10 million its a terrible move and that 18 million number floated out yesterday is terrifying and just cancels out the batum signing if we do that. 

PG -  Walker , FA backup

SG- Batum , Belinelli  , free agent wing interchangeable

SF- MKG , Lamb

PF - Kaminsky , Free agent lots of options interchangeable 

C-  Free agent , Zeller , Hawes 

With this roster we have to add something thats not Marvin Williams to our Big Pool and a decent backup point ,  personally i like the change up Lin brings if he could be had at a decent price but i believe he will be to much as well. 

Won't Daniels be that 3rd #2 for sure now. Wish Lamb would play like he did at the start of the year. 

14 minutes ago, RoaringRiot said:

Diddy I've got nothing but love for you. I do think you post some overreaction post sometimes, but that's part of the fun and the debate. I don't dislike you or think you're a dick or anything. And I'm certainly not intending to insult you on a personal level. I'm definitely happy to hug it out.  

Well, i am kind of a dick, lol but other than that I'm with you 100%.

Bro_hug_epic_fist_bump.gif

35 minutes ago, RoaringRiot said:

This is your problem. Maybe if you couldn't give a poo less you wouldn't be so uptight and emotional all the time. 

30 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

I'll take Reading comprehension for 500, Alex.

The phrases are interchangeable and as idioms, don't have to be logical.  But, being that you decided to go ultra, super petty and can't debate on an adult level and instead are now trying to snipe typos and poor grammar, even when not present, I think we're done here.

Can't we all get along?

This was a very good move by the Charlotte Hornets. We resigned Batum cheaper than the max by almost 7 million a year and then promised to put players around him as well. We now have around 30 million in cap space and could get a few million more if we trade Spencer Hawes. Now please do not screw it up Hornets by signing Williams to a huge deal. Being honest if all Jeremy Lin is looking for is more money I would sign him back. Then focus on a center.

17 minutes ago, HeatCheck said:

We technically do not know. It depends which of our FAs we renounce. 

I think people think we have more flexibility than we do.

Thing is by taking off all the cap holds right now the Charlotte Hornets are sitting at around 30 million. They can renounce a player whenever they choose to do so.

3 minutes ago, OldNorthPowell said:

Thing is by taking off all the cap holds right now the Charlotte Hornets are sitting at around 30 million. They can renounce a player whenever they choose to do so.

Yes but they don't necessarily want to do that with a Marvin or Lee (to an extent) because they lose their Bird Rights. I think they keep Marvin's cap hold of $9 million because they don't want to lose his Bird Rights. Bird Rights allows us to sign Marvin by exceeding the cap. Once you renounce him, that option is gone.

So it's not as easy as just renouncing everyone. 

1 minute ago, HeatCheck said:

Yes but they don't necessarily want to do that with a Marvin or Lee (to an extent) because they lose their Bird Rights. I think they keep Marvin's cap hold of $9 million because they don't want to lose his Bird Rights. Bird Rights allows us to sign Marvin by exceeding the cap. Once you renounce him. that option is gone.

So it's not as easy as just renouncing everyone. 

Sure but paying Williams anything over 10 million a year would be a bad move. I would rather see the young guys get more minutes at PF. They need a center badly. Lee is gone more than likely and the Hornets should not get into a bidding war for him. He could be a starter somewhere else easily.

Just now, OldNorthPowell said:

Sure but paying Williams anything over 10 million a year would be a bad move. I would rather see the young guys get more minutes at PF. They need a center badly. Lee is gone more than likely and the Hornets should not get into a bidding war for him. He could be a starter somewhere else easily.

But are you going to get a center with William's cap hold of 9 million?

I don't really get not renouncing right on a guy like Lee.  I'd understand it if Lee was a guy looking at a max deal or a 5 year agreement, but I don't see anyone singing him to either of those, lol...  So, how does holding onto his bird rights come into play there?  Our advantage of retaining them would be that we could help a team that wants to sign him to one of those type of deals because we can offer the max and an extra year that other teams can't, correct?  So, if those aren't realistic options, and it's apparent that he is likely to sign elsewhere, I don't see how it benefits us to hold onto his rights.

Archived