• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Panthers at Broncos Gameday Thread

Jeremy Igo

1 minute ago, Carl Spackler said:

One of my best friends was our kicker in college and I understand how big of a role the snapper plays in the kick. It wasn't a good snap and I get that. But this doesn't improve the notion that Gano has no clutch gene, and I still have no confidence in the guy when he's needed most.

Which is kinda what I said. :P

It was a long kick. We had screwed ourselves over with using multiple timeouts over the course of the entire game because somehow our OC can't get a play-call in in time for the offense to get set and for the QB to examine the defense. We could have used an extra TO or two to get closer and make it an easier kick. We didn't have that option.

So since it HAD to be a long lick, Gano had no chance to adjust his timing. He had to go on-snap and put his foot through it to guarantee the distance.

It HAD the distance. The bad snap screwed the timing.  If Gano had stuttered at all to attempt to adjust the timing, the kick would likely have fell short. Same result.

It came down to (1) being time-hungry because we had wasted TOs (coaching) and couldn't get closer and (2) bad snap, neither of which THIS TIME can be blamed on Graham Gano.

Archived