• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Brutal Honesty

Mr. Scot

My brutal honesty goes like this. Barring a 0-16 John Fox will be coach again next year and likely the year after. The orginazation is not going to pay him 5mil a year for the next 3 for him not to be here.

I think Fox is a good coach. Im fustrated with his hard headiness however with lackluster schemes and veteran loyality over the years. Its difficult to win 19 or 20 games based on the other team making more mistakes than you. But the writting is on the wall guys. Injuries, peps tag and Jake can all be apart of the excuses for him to be here next year. I assure you, by the end of the year a large portion of you will be singing the same tune. I dont agree, but its reality and the way this business goes.

My brutal honesty goes like this. Barring a 0-16 John Fox will be coach again next year and likely the year after. The orginazation is not going to pay him 5mil a year for the next 3 for him not to be here.

I think Fox is a good coach. Im fustrated with his hard headiness however with lackluster schemes and veteran loyality over the years. Its difficult to win 19 or 20 games based on the other team making more mistakes than you. But the writting is on the wall guys. Injuries, peps tag and Jake can all be apart of the excuses for him to be here next year. I assure you, by the end of the year a large portion of you will be singing the same tune. I dont agree, but its reality and the way this business goes.

His contract is over next year. This off-season is the perfect time to switch.

I love Fox....

But my problem with him is that I dont see the same coach that came in in 2002.

Fox came in here with something to prove, and he CHANGED the mindset of the players for the better.

He made them want to play harder and win games.

They all had a swagger, thirst for victory.

Now it just seams that we only get excuses and the same old "go through the motions" play from the team, and coach.

I have to put the blame on Fox, cause even with the change at coordinators we are seeing the same game.

I think if this season is a failure there IS NO QUESTION, its time for a change.

We are toooooo good to suck this bad...

If Fox goes during the year, especially early, I would hire Schottenheimer. He fixes things. It's what he does. Then, when he chokes in the playoffs again, you bring in a young bright mind to take over the ship.

This is why I wouldn't want Schottenheimer.

Skip the transition and go straight to the next guy.

Archived