• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What a disaster

Toolbox

1 minute ago, SCP said:

Disaster? Not yet. But it looks like a team that only performs well when they get the looks they expected to get.  If an opposing offense or defense throws in a wrinkle that wasn't already on film, we seem to panic and not counter it with adjusted play calling.  Lots of room to grow but we are far from a disaster.  I won't be surprised if we are 1-3 though.  If we can't pressure Meg Ryan's bitch ass we aren't winning in ATL.

That is a very valid point. I was thinking about this today. I notice this a lot while on D. Normally Keek and TD are so animated doing their pre snap reads and calling out plays and such. The first and third game, I feel that wasn't the case. I thought the whole game Keek didn't seem as vocal. Cam is always vocal so I didn't notice it on O. My thought was because its a new qb. Yes we have plenty of film on Bradford for the years prior, but he just got shipped to a new team, we only had one game film on him and he probably only ran vanilla plays.

same with Denver. Brand new qb that never started or thrown a pass in the NFL. Not much film. We prepare so much for teams that we have a lot of film on, but do week against teams with players we don't know about. For example, Luke McCown from last year. The good news is, this is a coaching problem that can be fixed. I know the D wasn't why we lost, this was just an example that was fresh on my mind.

Just now, Toolbox said:

lol so the blueprint to beat carolina is to basically throw in a new wrinkle and watch as ron and company poo their pants... sounds about right.

Pretty much.  Happened in the SB with Denver's blitz.  Happened against Denver and Minnesota with the short/quick passes.  Minnesota blankets KB and dares Funchess to beat us and we go away from the screen game in the second half.  Ron keeps saying that short/quick routes and throws are hurting our pass rush but what have we done to beat it?  We seem to have a very rigid game plan and if a team throws something at us that wasn't foreseen we tend to struggle to play catch up.

Archived