• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers at Cowboys Analysis

WCABBall

This week's matchup will revolve around the line play of the Carolina Panthers, both offensive and defensive lines.

Our offensive line was great last week at Atlanta, giving running lanes to our backs and time for Delhomme to throw. This week presents a greater challange especially in keeping Delhomme clean and giving him time to exploit the Dallas secondary. This past week, the Dallas CB's were burned on multiple occasions, in fact both Giant WR caught 10 passes with more than 100 yards each. However, pressure at times from the Dallas front 7 was great and forced Eli to throw the ball away especially in the first half. We must protect Jake and pick up the Dallas blitz packages if we have a chance for Smitty to impact this game. With time, Smith could have a huge day.

As far as our ability to run the football, I was very impressed by the Dallas defense vs. NY. They held the Giants to under 10 yards rushing in the first half and held Jacobs to just 58 for the game. The Giants did run the ball better in half 2 but their running game was not a major factor. This can't be the case this week. We all know that if we struggle to run the ball this game will not be pretty.

The real scary thing about this week's game is the running game of the Cowboys. With or without Barber, Dallas is as good as any team in football at running the ball. Felix Jones is nasty and has the kind of burst that makes him a threat whenever he touches the ball. It is imperative that we limit the impact of their running game and make Romo throw the football (something that has been a problem of late).

When Dallas does throw the ball, we must play the TE better this week than last in Atlanta. For the second week in a row we face a game changing TE in Jason Whitten. Godfrey must play better in coverage as well as T. Davis and Beason. Their WR's do not really scare me, not that they are no good but from the fact that Romo doesn't seem to want to involve them in the offense.

This week will be a big task for the Panthers. Dallas really outplayed NY in many ways last week but lost do to multiple turnovers and some big plays by Manning. I know it sounds cliche but the ability to run the ball and stop the run has never been more important than in this game this week.

I know it is just a stat, but......

Carolina Panthers 8 MNF games 5 wins 3 losses .625 win%

67-67 when wearing white jerseys.

36-43 when dressing in black jerseys.

6-7 when sporting the blue tops.

Black for MNF vs Dallas this week!

is that supposed to be a good thing?

Archived