• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who would you promote to OC?

Jeremy Igo

23 hours ago, JawnyBlaze said:

Dorsey would be an upgrade over Shula, even mid season, but gd I don't want another promotion from within. Don't make the same mistake we made not giving Hue a shot. Find a real OC forcrissakes. 

This. Enough with the continuity is important stuff. Continuity has gotten us continual slow starts (with one outlier) that Cam Newton has masked by being so hard to game plan against. Cam is smart...he can learn a "new" offense or one more tailored to his improved accuracy that won't turn his brain to mush in 2 more years. 

If this shitshow continues, it's time for new blood. 

6 minutes ago, CarolinaNCSU said:

This. Enough with the continuity is important stuff. Continuity has gotten us continual slow starts (with one outlier) that Cam Newton has masked by being so hard to game plan against. Cam is smart...he can learn a "new" offense or one more tailored to his improved accuracy that won't turn his brain to mush in 2 more years. 

If this shitshow continues, it's time for new blood. 

Ron seems to baby Cam and I dont know why. Cam can not only handle a new offense, but a change in OC's

If Ron feel there's no replacement for Shula on his coaching staff, that's just another knock on him as a HC

3 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

P55's problem has always been looking at stats without context. 

Shula's situational play calling has always been horrible. Calling the worst plays at the most important times won't show up on the stat sheets. You don't have to look very far back to get a few really good examples of such.... 

And your problem has always been deciding ahead of time what you think or believe and fitting the facts to what  you already think instead of looking at facts first and then forming your opinion

For example when a play is good it is due to the players and when it is bad it is always Shula. I see the offense struggle but 9 times out of 10 it was a poor throw, dropped pass, poor blocking or bad decision that caused the problem not play design. Anderson throwing a pick on first down at the 1 was on him. He could have thrown it away and ran the ball on second down. I'd that the context you wanted?

Archived