• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Someone tell me what's wrong with this picture...

WarHeel

8 hours ago, Cracka McNasty said:

I don't dispute that he's under more of a microscope than any other QB in the league and gets more than his fair share of criticism for the most benign crap. That Tennessee mom was racist as hell and a total butthole about the dancing in the end zone thing.

Having said that, there are legitimate criticisms to Cam's game this season, and to brush it aside because there are tons of BS criticisms is a disservice to him and the team. Coddling Cam doesn't help him. There are legitimate grievances to his performance this year when he was making mistakes he didn't even make as a rookie

His accuracy was horrendous this year. Even the excuse of his OL doesn't negate the fact he missed on more passes this year that he nailed in years past. Could be injury, could be something else, but just because some people are pointing out he isn't infallible doesn't mean they are out to get him. 

I love Cam and love him on the team. DatsmyQB.to but the fact of the matter is he wasn't up to the standard he has held himself to in year's past, and for many different reasons, some being his fault, plenty of others not, he did not produce like he should have.

I personally want Shula gone and think his disappearance would do wonders for the offense, but it is looking less and less likely that that will happen as the days go on, and to be frank, part of that is on Cam because he obviously likes the guy and is probably doing a ton to stick up for him behind closed doors. He's been with Cam since Day 1 in Carolina so I know they have a great relationship. Cam's probably shouldering the blame himself to keep Shula's job because he's such a good dude, but I think he's reached his ceiling under Shula whether he wants to admit it or not. 

We ran so much less up tempo offense this year it was infuriating, Cam is at his best when he is calling his shots as he sees them. For whatever reason he was reigned in this year and it hurt him and the team. Shula leaving would only help Cam's development moving forward in my opinion, as long as they brought in the right guy. 

Perfect storm of extremely shitty circumstances all around led to the disaster that was the 2016 season.

The only point I was making is that the sky is not falling. People that never liked him in the first place here and elsewhere asking questions like "Can he return to form?" make me want to kick someone in the nuts.

Cam will do what he is supposed to do to right the wrongs in the offseason, just the same that Luke, and TD would.

Right now my first, and foremost concern is what our front office is going to do. The nonchalant approach we took last year in the offseasom while the rest of the division and the league for that matter got better still pisses me off. We can solve all of our needs this offseason if we are going all in, which we should be, and not just on the defensive side of the ball.

Beyond that, I'm still concerned at times about Rivera's roster management. Some players don't see the field at all, and others see the field too much while clearly underperforming. He kept guys like Sione Fua, and Nate Chandler around wayyyyy too long, and that mentality is starting to rear it's ugly head again.

All in all I think regardless, there is no reason we shouldn't be back in the playoffs next year. Hell we should have been there this year if our one of the top paid in the league kicker hadn't been missing kicks left and right.

5 minutes ago, TheRed said:

Perfect storm of extremely shitty circumstances all around led to the disaster that was the 2016 season.

The only point I was making is that the sky is not falling. People that never liked him in the first place here and elsewhere asking questions like "Can he return to form?" make me want to kick someone in the nuts.

Cam will do what he is supposed to do to right the wrongs in the offseason, just the same that Luke, and TD would.

Right now my first, and foremost concern is what our front office is going to do. The nonchalant approach we took last year in the offseasom while the rest of the division and the league for that matter got better still pisses me off. We can solve all of our needs this offseason if we are going all in, which we should be, and not just on the defensive side of the ball.

Beyond that, I'm still concerned at times about Rivera's roster management. Some players don't see the field at all, and others see the field too much while clearly underperforming. He kept guys like Sione Fua, and Nate Chandler around wayyyyy too long, and that mentality is starting to rear it's ugly head again.

All in all I think regardless, there is no reason we shouldn't be back in the playoffs next year. Hell we should have been there this year if our one of the top paid in the league kicker hadn't been missing kicks left and right.

That's something I completely agree with. I want legitimate competition brought in for Gano this year. I know he has a broken foot in his plant foot, but he's been so streaky this year it's incredibly frustrating. 

Archived