• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Moving back to South Carolina

sharkkiller

On 2/9/2017 at 6:17 AM, sharkkiller said:

So today is the day. Honestly this is the hardest thing I have ever done. Having to leave my family for who knows how long while  the immigration process goes through, and not being able to hold my wife or my 5 year old is going to be tough. I know it is the best thing for us, and it will all work out, but damn it is hard. 

Hanging in there.  Had some coworkers marry Phillipino's and brought them over. Seemed like the process took 6-9 months. 

Unfortunately, its not usually 6-9 months.  6-9 months is for a Fiance visa, which is where you are bringing someone to the US, for purposes of marriage.  Surprisingly, those go quicker because they are temporary visa's.  Requesting a visa for a wife and child means a permanent visa and requesting and getting approved for a permanent visa is a longer process.  

Sharkiller, I hope you have a immigration lawyer.  While they cost a lot, usually worth it just to get all the paperwork right.

Archived