• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What if Fournett, Adams, ... are gone

AU-panther

18 hours ago, AU-panther said:

Maybe, I could see Davis having a better combine.  People seem to get excited over 40 times.  Any idea of what he is expected to run?

I haven't watched as many Clemson games as some on here but he seems like he isn't as open as some receivers but he makes the catches anyway.  Does he have the speed to get separation or is he just that physical?

He's not known as a "speedster" but he isn't slow either. I'd expect him to run in the high 4.4s or low 4.5s. Getting separation to me is more about route running than speed, he's an ok route runner but can certainly improve. The biggest thing I like about him is that he makes NFL catches, meaning he catches balls that bails the qb out of a bad throw. If you watched the championship game, Alabama had no answer for him and that's on a team with NFL talent. 

2 hours ago, AceBoogie said:

He's not known as a "speedster" but he isn't slow either. I'd expect him to run in the high 4.4s or low 4.5s. Getting separation to me is more about route running than speed, he's an ok route runner but can certainly improve. The biggest thing I like about him is that he makes NFL catches, meaning he catches balls that bails the qb out of a bad throw. If you watched the championship game, Alabama had no answer for him and that's on a team with NFL talent. 

I agree that he made some really good catches in the championship game.  Just seems like he would take the place of one of our other high draft pick receivers, such as Funchess.  We almost traded all the way to the first for Funchess,  Between him, Williams, and Kb that would be almost 3 first rounders in the last four years.  I don't really see the 3 of them on the field at the same time, which he might end up better then both of them.  Just depends how early you want to give up on one of them.

Personally I think a speedster like John Ross might actually compliment our current group better, but I don't think we would use the 8th pick on him.

Archived