• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why not Davis or Williams

AU-panther

3 hours ago, Eazy-E said:

Davis is from a small school so some may be hesitant based on his competition. Mike Williams isn't the fastest guy which is a major downside when drafting a receiver high in the first

3 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Davis being from a small school and unable to workout causes me some concerns.

Mike Williams brings nothing to the table that we don't already have. We already have plenty of big WRs who can't create separation. Williams is basically a smaller, surer handed version of KB. I think he'll be a good player, I just think that we need SPEED at the WR position.

3 hours ago, GoobyPls said:

Williams would be more of the same, and Davis isn't the type of WR we need. I would rather us draft Ross over both of them

33 minutes ago, GoobyPls said:

He has speed once he gets going, the problem is when need someone with fast acceleration who can get open quickly

Ross is a Brandin Cooks clone, I think he fits our team better than those two.

First of all, EVERY single scouting report on Davis that I've read says that he has true WR1 potential, and they're not talking about WR1 on a team, they're talking about in terms of being a league superstar. Now what team doesn't need that, I don't know.

Secondly, Davis put up 617 yards and four TDs against big 10 competition. Moreover, just because a receiver comes out of a small school doesn't make him dog meat at the next level. Indeed, Antonio Brown came from the same conference, and the greatest receiver of all time was from a small school as well.

Third, Davis isn't the quintessential speedster, but plays fast enough to make an impact, and more importantly is the route-ologist that this team desperately needs. 

Archived