• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Soliai released

jdpanther5

Just now, TheRed said:

That's my opinion, if you don't like it, too bad.

People around here love to play the underdog/disrespect/us against the league mindset up, but when it comes to evaluating our FO, many fans get borderline stockholm syndrome. It isn't funny anymore. If you aren't getting better, you're getting worse. We got much worse last year, largely due to just plain flat out incompetence by our FO/staff.

#makethehuddlegreatagain #theredforpresident

7 minutes ago, TheRed said:

Many of those close losses were a direct result of our kicker we decided to make near top paid in the league last offseason shanking kicks like Ray Finkle.

See my comment about 'bad luck' and injuries, as close losses are not always the 'direct result' of a kicker. Should/could they have made kicks in certain situations? Sure. But blaming every loss under 3 points on a kicker is like blaming officiating - the rest of the team has plenty of chances throughout the game as well. Should KB not have fumbled in the KC game and should someone have tackled Berry? Should AJ Klein have been 1-on-1 with Michael Crabtree vs. Oakland? The list goes on.

2 minutes ago, KSpan said:

See my comment about 'bad luck' and injuries, as close losses are not always the 'direct result' of a kicker. Should/could they have made kicks in certain situations? Sure. But blaming every loss under 3 points on a kicker is like blaming officiating - the rest of the team has plenty of chances throughout the game as well. Should KB not have fumbled in the KC game and should someone have tackled Berry? Should AJ Klein have been 1-on-1 with Michael Crabtree vs. Oakland? The list goes on.

Eh, no bad luck in those kicks. He was missing extra points too, which he did his first season here. It was a gamble. I had hoped it would pay off, but it backfired. Now I think it's clear we need an upgrade at kicker again, but I fear our FO may tuck their tails, and roll the dice on another season with Gano.

Beyond players, our easy scapegoat has been Shula. Which yes he has his flaws obviously, but it's interesting how Gettleman gets a pass compared to Rivera/Shula. If it's me, I'm evaluating all 3 together. Ron has hitched his wagon to Shula, and Gettleman is connected at the hip to both. We didn't execute well enough last year, but we also didn't do enough to improve our roster considering we have two once in a generation talents at QB, and MLB, who are only getting older.

I've said all along, it's put up or shut up for this FO in 2017 as far as I'm concerned. No free passes for any of them.

Archived