• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So much for Chicago '16

Boltergeist

Have reports of an "anti-American" feeling surfaced over there and thats why Chicago was out first drop? Certainly was here during the morning news bullitins

The foreign press will make it anti American. The conservative press will make it anti Obama. Certain cities will make it anti Chicago. Reality will know South America and Africa are due.

The papers here say its not Anti-American, its Anti-USOC. Apparently the USOC are a bunch of dicks. The paper today also said its an "embarrassment" for Obama. LOL

South America was due. I'm happy for Rio.

People couldn't understand why I didn't want the Olympics in my backyard.

k

1) Daley's corrupt gubmint would make this a tax albatross. See Millenium Park for any questions.

2) With the highest tax rate in our nation, this city/county gubmint still can't provide our cops with a contract, they've been working without for 5 years.

3) With said tax rate 97 CPS kids have still been killed THIS year. The school year started a month ago.

4) Infrastructure spending is good. Spending by THIS administration is crooked and inefficient and nepotistic to the point of absurdity.

5) If anyone thinks the Illinois taxpayer wouldn't be on the hook for the inevitable overspending, he/she is buying the Daley BS machine.

The BS machine that gave you the Parking Meter for Hire fiasco. Look it up.

One can only hope this will be the downfall of Daley. Unlikely, but I can hope. It was clear to me from the outset that this was about Hizzonor, and putting a feather in the cap of his worst year in 20 in office. Obvious, since in the past he completely po-pooed the idea of the Olympics in Chicago. Screw you buddy. Corrupt, airport bulldozing in the middle of the night dictator. Jerk.

South America was due. I'm happy for Rio.

People couldn't understand why I didn't want the Olympics in my backyard.

k

1) Daley's corrupt gubmint would make this a tax albatross. See Millenium Park for any questions.

2) With the highest tax rate in our nation, this city/county gubmint still can't provide our cops with a contract, they've been working without for 5 years.

3) With said tax rate 97 CPS kids have still been killed THIS year. The school year started a month ago.

4) Infrastructure spending is good. Spending by THIS administration is crooked and inefficient and nepotistic to the point of absurdity.

5) If anyone thinks the Illinois taxpayer wouldn't be on the hook for the inevitable overspending, he/she is buying the Daley BS machine.

The BS machine that gave you the Parking Meter for Hire fiasco. Look it up.

One can only hope this will be the downfall of Daley. Unlikely, but I can hope. It was clear to me from the outset that this was about Hizzonor, and putting a feather in the cap of his worst year in 20 in office. Obvious, since in the past he completely po-pooed the idea of the Olympics in Chicago. Screw you buddy. Corrupt, airport bulldozing in the middle of the night dictator. Jerk.

Glad you mentioned all of this. The Daley connection was my biggest gripe not too mention it's a financial sludge factory afterwords.

Point #3....wow.

Ugh.

I gotta quit listening to news/talk radio and check my own facts.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/04/22/eveningnews/main4036098.shtml

So as per this article the total for the 17 month period ended March 2008 it was 58.

So who knows where the talking head got 97.

Anyway, bottom line, kids are getting capped at an alarming rate, and it continues this year.

It is sickening, and this is in a heavily taxed, no guns allowed city.

I guess my point is, that kinda dough could be spent in smarter ways than a bunch of roided up international goofballs participating in sports I don't give a rat's behind about.

Though I will admit, in my younger days the thought of the massive amount of casual sex that goes on in the Olympic village has some appeal.

Never had me an Olympic athlete.

Archived