• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

My jake thread

tight lines

Since everybody else on the board has made a Jake thread I figured Id make one too. I was looking through some stats after someone claiming in another thread that 7 ints 2 tds and 2 fumbles through 3 games would get most other qbs benched. Here is what I found

Drew Brees 2007 season first 3 games

7 ints 1 td 2 fumbles.

Ben Roethlisberger 2006 season games 2, 3, and 4

7 ints 0 tds 1 fumble

M Hasselback 2004 season games 6, 7, and 8

7 ints 2 tds 1 fumble

Eli Manning 2006 season games 10, 11, and 12

6 ints 2 tds, 3 fumbles

Brett Favre 2008 season games 15, 16, 17

7 ints 2 tds, 0 fumbles and

2005 season games 8, 9 and 10

7 ints 2 tds and 1 fumble

P Manning 2007 season games 9, 10, and 11

8 ints 3 tds and 1 fumble

I got bored of looking after that but Im sure I could find plenty more examples discuss.

Look at the list of QBs you listed. They are future hall of famers except for maybe big ben who won 2 super bowls.

So you are saying a good or even a great quarterback can have a string of really bad games?

Favre by the way has done it more than once. He also has very similar career numbers to jake.

so you think what Jake is going through is the same ailment that all those other QBs went through by just looking up touchdowns and turnovers.

lol

Thank you for making my point for me. Im not saying anything of the sort. As a matter of fact I would argue that there wasnt necisarily an ailment at all. There are a number of things that can cause interceptions. They can be bad decisions or poor throws. They can be miscommunication between the wr and qb. They can be great reads and or great efforts by the defensive players. They can be caused by forced throws. They can also be a combination of these factors.

Most quarterbacks are also more likely to throw them late in games when their team is behind. They try to force some extra throws in to do everything they can to help their team win. Sometimes they look like a genious in doing this. Sometimes they don't.

Frankly I dont think Jake has any major problem. It seems to me that the offense as a whole is just out of sync and not on the same page. The O lines problems have been quite obvious at times. Smitty and Moose have both had some of their own struggles as well as Jake. Davidson has looked like a bufoon a good bit himself.

I myself thing the biggest problem is this offense has strayed away from their strong points. The whole offense is built around a power running game. They havent called plays like one since last year.

no tight lines your point was disproving the statement that any QB that turns the ball over 9 times in three games would get most other QBs benched (keyword: most other QBs), but you counted all fumbles instead of fumbles lost. So fix that stat, and besides two QBs who are top 5 passers currently and play in passing offenses (Drew Brees, Peyton Manning) whose opposition knows they're going to throw, and who threw the ball 130 times and 115 times in their respective 3 game slumps, which is a stark contrast to Jake's 91 thus far in the season, you haven't debunked that statement at all.

now if you want to get technical, I'd add that both Brees and Peyton Manning looked more efficient throwing even with 4 and 6 interceptions in their worst games in that span, and Manning almost won his worst game. Jake wasn't even approaching that level against Philly.

maybe there is something else wrong with Jake that there isn't with these other QBs. and when you get into the effort of the pass defense, some QBs are easier to read than others. Manning audibles his plays at the line. He is the most cerebral QB in the nfl right now. His ability to read a defense to keep himself a step ahead puts him over the top of most in itself. Brees has precision and arm strength, and is more than adequate in the ability to read the coverage. Compared to the rest of the league, Jake is relatively easy at being read himself by the defense, and that is part of the reason why the receivers can't get open, and that is why they can make great plays on the ball.

no tight lines your point was disproving the statement that any QB that turns the ball over 9 times in three games would get most other QBs benched (keyword: most other QBs), but you counted all fumbles instead of fumbles lost. So fix that stat, and besides two QBs who are top 5 passers currently and play in passing offenses (Drew Brees, Peyton Manning) whose opposition knows they're going to throw, and who threw the ball 130 times and 115 times in their respective 3 game slumps, which is a stark contrast to Jake's 91 thus far in the season, you haven't debunked that statement at all.

now if you want to get technical, I'd add that both Brees and Peyton Manning looked more efficient throwing even with 4 and 6 interceptions in their worst games in that span, and Manning almost won his worst game. Jake wasn't even approaching that level against Philly.

maybe there is something else wrong with Jake that there isn't with these other QBs. and when you get into the effort of the pass defense, some QBs are easier to read than others. Manning audibles his plays at the line. He is the most cerebral QB in the nfl right now. His ability to read a defense to keep himself a step ahead puts him over the top of most in itself. Brees has precision and arm strength, and is more than adequate in the ability to read the coverage. Compared to the rest of the league, Jake is relatively easy at being read himself by the defense, and that is part of the reason why the receivers can't get open, and that is why they can make great plays on the ball.

Pure conjecture!!!

It has nothing to do with names, strictly matter of opinions, and guess what, mine has the same value anyone elses. I am not saying mine is any better than yours, or yours better than mine.....they are all just that, opinions, Peace & God Bless

Archived