• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Primus and Clutch

captfluoro

Saw their show at Charlotte Metro Credit Union Ampitheater last night. Bought my ticket yesterday afternoon, center section row 12, $60. I'm ashamed to admit I had never heard Clutch until last night. I had heard of them just hadn't heard any of their music.  Well they gained a new fan, let me tell you. Just great gritty, raunchy straight ahead rock and roll. Really fantastic band.

Primus then came on.  Played lots of old st uff.  I'm guessing 75% of their set list was from Frizzle Fry, Seas of Cheese, Pork Soda and Tales from the Punchbowl. Les announced they are coming out with a new album soon and played a song from it. Good tune, middle section reminded me a little of Rush.  Can't go wrong with that. Only gripe is that Les and Ler, in my opinion, got a little self indulgent before some songs just riffing before getting to the actual song.  Probably spent a good 10 minutes total doing that.  I know they are great musicians and its nitpicking but I'm old and crotchety and they could have used that time and added one or two more songs to the set.

Just a great concert and I'm glad I went. Hopefully some others in the huddle were there too.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/18/2017 at 8:26 AM, captfluoro said:

Saw their show at Charlotte Metro Credit Union Ampitheater last night. Bought my ticket yesterday afternoon, center section row 12, $60. I'm ashamed to admit I had never heard Clutch until last night. I had heard of them just hadn't heard any of their music.  Well they gained a new fan, let me tell you. Just great gritty, raunchy straight ahead rock and roll. Really fantastic band.

Primus then came on.  Played lots of old st uff.  I'm guessing 75% of their set list was from Frizzle Fry, Seas of Cheese, Pork Soda and Tales from the Punchbowl. Les announced they are coming out with a new album soon and played a song from it. Good tune, middle section reminded me a little of Rush.  Can't go wrong with that. Only gripe is that Les and Ler, in my opinion, got a little self indulgent before some songs just riffing before getting to the actual song.  Probably spent a good 10 minutes total doing that.  I know they are great musicians and its nitpicking but I'm old and crotchety and they could have used that time and added one or two more songs to the set.

Just a great concert and I'm glad I went. Hopefully some others in the huddle were there too.

...and out from the belly of the whale came a profit Amen! 

Welcome to the life of being a Clutch fan.  

Archived