• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Preseason Week 2, Sunday Games Thread

CarolinaSunday

27 minutes ago, saints4lifeagain said:

That hasn't been the case a single time he's touched the ball, so far. That may be what the tape says, but his results on the field are the opposite. 

I wouldn't worry about it.  That guy is a hater.  Saints should give Ingram and Kamara the bulk of the carries.  Either way, I don't think there's one Saint I will look at in Fantasy Football.  Unless Drew Brees is there mid rounds.  

2 hours ago, nctarheel0619 said:

I wouldn't worry about it.  That guy is a hater.  Saints should give Ingram and Kamara the bulk of the carries.  Either way, I don't think there's one Saint I will look at in Fantasy Football.  Unless Drew Brees is there mid rounds.  

Michael Thomas is worth a look in the 2nd or 3rd round, he's the clear #1 WR in NO now that Brandin Cooks is in New England

Their stadium only sits 28 thousand currently.  So, they should be sold out every game.  HAHA.

"You had one job"

I'd imagine they'll sell out reg season though.  That stadium really is tiny.

Attendance for the game was officially 21,197 in a venue that holds 27,000. Now remember, that’s the number of tickets sold, not the number of fans who went through the turnstiles. It’s clear nowhere near 21,000 people were in attendance.

http://thebiglead.com/2017/08/20/the-chargers-had-pathetic-attendance-again-at-stubhub-center/

I wouldn't call it worrying about it. Just responding to his quote. Kamara will have a role. He'll get his touches in a variety of ways. I expect Ingram and Peterson to get the bulk of the carries, however. 

2 minutes ago, Promethean Forerunner said:

It's preseason.

The Vol fans in here told us to avoid him like the plague despite being explosive, fast and versatile. He tends to take himself out of a play by what some refer to as "tackling himself".

He was vastly underutilized at Tennessee. 

He's got 10 touches so far for 118 yards, playing only with the first team. Preseason or not, he's been impressive. 

11 minutes ago, Promethean Forerunner said:

Yeah, there's a reason for being underutilized. We'll see but I wouldn't get too excited. Chances are he's the type of player who make 50 yard run but then fumble it in the redzone on the very next play.

Fumble issues were certainly a problem last year. He'll have to hold onto the ball. But so far, he's exactly what his draft profile says. Explosive. Agile. Fast. A surprising ability to bounce off tacklers.

29 minutes ago, Promethean Forerunner said:

It's preseason.

The Vol fans in here told us to avoid him like the plague despite being explosive, fast and versatile. He tends to take himself out of a play by what some refer to as "tackling himself".

I never said that. I've always been on the Kamara train. He's explosive and has excellent vision. His only problem at UT was ball security, which he appears to have worked on/corrected.

I hate the Saints more than anything, but NO got a stud in Alvin.

15 minutes ago, TNPanther said:

I never said that. I've always been on the Kamara train. He's explosive and has excellent vision. His only problem at UT was ball security, which he appears to have worked on/corrected.

I hate the Saints more than anything, but NO got a stud in Alvin.

Getting a former 5 star player with talent and upside is not a bad thing for them.  Trading a high 2nd in 2018 to do it when they have so many other needs was.

11 minutes ago, Nails said:

Getting a former 5 star player with talent and upside is not a bad thing for them.  Trading a high 2nd in 2018 to do it when they have so many other needs was.

well if NO sucks again and gets a high first round pick they can always trade back down and recoup that 2nd

14 minutes ago, Nails said:

You assume it will be a high pick in 2018.

Trading a second round pick in 2018 for a 3rd round pick in 2017 is only seen as foolish because you have no idea how the Saints had him graded. If they graded him high second, why does it matter if they spent a "high second" on him? They just used it a year early.

9 minutes ago, saints4lifeagain said:

You assume it will be a high pick in 2018.

Trading a second round pick in 2018 for a 3rd round pick in 2017 is only seen as foolish because you have no idea how the Saints had him graded. If they graded him high second, why does it matter if they spent a "high second" on him? They just used it a year early.

He's a good player, and yes many thought he was a late 1st or early 2nd Rd talent.

But a pretty good assumption 7-9 or similar is on the horizon for the 5th time in 6 years.  Regardless, it's going to hurt when wanting to take or maneuver for a QB in a QB draft (2018).

Archived