• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Last Jedi

twylyght

I tried to give this film a 2nd viewing after I had mixed feelings the first time. Redbox'd it and turned on the sub-titles (which I do on almost all films).

The movie is worse than I thought. The sub-titles have Poe calling "General Hugs". Fuggin "Hugs"??? Jeebus.  And now I can't unhear it. Lucas' vision/story-telling is dead in this trilogy. It's fan-fiction. Poorly written fan-fiction. Except for nostalgia, there is nothing StarWars in this film. It pained me to finish the film a 2nd time.

The best moment is R2 playing the hologram for Luke. That scene was perfect.

I do like DelToro's character for new additions.

It is not only the worse SW film. It ranks below Aliens3 for me. Aliens 3 threw-away the entire reason for saving Newt in Aliens. You killed her off, threw-away the setup in the previous film. (I like Aliens3 as a stand-alone alien/monster film, but I throw it out of the Aliens film universe.) TLJ commits even great crimes. It throw away the setups from TFA and damages the established characters (from the OT and this trilogy). I can't believe the story-line was ever approved.

all valid points. the more i see this movie the less i like it, other than the opening scene which I think is a great Disney hero story. And the Rey/Ben stuff is all good for me. The Poe/Finn/whatsherface plot after that is pretty awful. Laura Dern and Del Toro were terrible to me.

I just watched it recently, and I loved the idea of the film, but there was a lot of execution and editing that needed to occur.  Or heck, what would have been great for Finn and Rose, when they got to the planet, the manage to get the hacker, but he gets killed, they get captured, and the break out happens from there.

There were some great moments, cool characters, and I still enjoy the film.  I do recognize that it is a weak film, was too long for the story it told, but the end elements: a renewed focus for the Rebellion, more than just the Skywalkers as force users, and a sense that there is a much larger story at stake.  It was clumsy, but the end result will be better for the final chapter.

Archived