• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

USA U17 World Cup

AppHeel

Are most of you like me in that you're still depressed after the USMNT failed to qualify for the World Cup? Are you frantically searching for something to get you excited about US Soccer again? Well look no further than the USA U17 World Cup team!

The youngsters played in the round of 16 today at the U17 World cup in India and absolutely dismantled Paraguay 5-0. Dominance. 

It was so refreshing to watch American players (not including Pulisic) actually playing like they gave a sh*t. On Saturday, the kids play either England or Japan in the Quarters. Nice to know we have legit talent coming up in the pipeline.

Young players to watch are Josh Sargent and Tim Weah. Both kids are 17 and play for the developmental clubs of Werder Bremen and PSG respectively. Weah had a hat trick today.

The future is bright!

The U17 and U20 teams are particularly fun to watch, and could have a lot of long term potential with some of their players. Hoping some of the U20 players get call ups for the newly announced friendly vs Portgual, and maybe even a couple select U17's (Sargent & Carlton would be nice to see). 

If we don't see Weston McKennie (assuming he's fit) & Matt Miazga against Portugal, we should riot :)

18 hours ago, C47 said:

If we don't see Weston McKennie (assuming he's fit) & Matt Miazga against Portugal, we should riot :)

I agree. If McKennie is the heir apparent to Michael Bradley in that 6 or 8 role then I'd like to see him play at that level ASAP. I'd completely understand not calling up Pulisic for these friendlies, but it would be fun to watch those two play together in the middle of the field.

Miazga should be called up as well as Cameron Carter-Vickers to get a CAP in central defense. 

Interested to see what goalkeepers get called up. Since we are playing in Europe are we going to try and call in more Europe based guys? Not sure what young goalies are currently in Europe. Pretty sure William Yarbough and Jonathan Klinsman make up the entire list.

guys i want to see called up for the next set of friendlies.... 

weston mckennie, matt miazga, johnathan gonzalez, ethan horvath, tyler adams, and erik palmer brown 

those are the minimum imo. could sell me on a few others too. 

2 hours ago, C47 said:

guys i want to see called up for the next set of friendlies.... 

weston mckennie, matt miazga, johnathan gonzalez, ethan horvath, tyler adams, and erik palmer brown 

those are the minimum imo. could sell me on a few others too. 

Only reason some of those guys (like Adams & Erik Palmer Brown) might not get a call is due to MLS playoffs. 

Archived