• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

For the People With Deep Pockets

usmcpanthers

22 hours ago, arbnranger said:

Good topic. 

Just my 2c . It’s pricey but not out of the question for someone that really wants to go and is willing to take the time to save and plan for it. 

Going the “package” route is always more expensive imo. If a person wants to put in the leg work, you can find many things much more affordable.. but you have to be on the grind and really want it.

Totally doable for most people with average incomes and above. Didn’t say easy, but doable with the proper planning and passion. 

Its kind of a big deal, yet worthy of the hard work, just like any other big vacation someone dreams of. 

True. I travel a lot already and know lots of tricks and have tons of points. My first class flight was only $75 because I booked the day before I left. I booked my hotel for the first night while on the flight, and figured out the rest from there. It helped having elite status with two hotel chains so they had to provide me with a room. Things just fell into place. 

With a package, you're paying for the overhead of those coordinating the trip, which may be worth it for some people. I'd be happy to advise anyone who goes as to how to get a decent deal. 

Archived