• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Adam Schefter from ESPN "suggests" these trades

pstall

I'd trade Pep straight up for Crabtree. Replacing Moose, Smitty, and Jake are things the team will have to look at after this season. Having a young receiver for a (possibly) young QB to grow with makes sense. I think Pep's best days are behind him, and we saw this past offseason that no one thinks he's worth a franchise price tag to acquire. With his poor work ethic, which is known throughout the league, we'll be lucky to get anything of real value for him. I don't think the 49ers would offer Crabtree without us throwing something else in (and Crabtree is an unknown, he's potential only at this point), but I would take him straight up if that were offered.

I'd trade Pep straight up for Crabtree. Replacing Moose, Smitty, and Jake are things the team will have to look at after this season. Having a young receiver for a (possibly) young QB to grow with makes sense. I think Pep's best days are behind him, and we saw this past offseason that no one thinks he's worth a franchise price tag to acquire. With his poor work ethic, which is known throughout the league, we'll be lucky to get anything of real value for him. I don't think the 49ers would offer Crabtree without us throwing something else in (and Crabtree is an unknown, he's potential only at this point), but I would take him straight up if that were offered.

So you would like to trade Pep right now...which will have a negative impact on the defense.....for an unproven WR. I guy that could easily be a Dwayne Jarrett caliber WR as far as production after playing in the spread offense at Tech?

So you would like to trade Pep right now...which will have a negative impact on the defense.....for an unproven WR. I guy that could easily be a Dwayne Jarrett caliber WR as far as production after playing in the spread offense at Tech?

Yes, based on everything I else that was included in my post. Rebuilding to some extent is unavoidable, and the WR position is one that has to be addressed, especially if a QB is drafted, or we go with McCown or Moore. The trouble with Pep is we don't know which Pep will show up from game to game. Beason called him out for his productivity (he apologized for doing so per ESPN today) but it's obvious his own teammates cannot depend on him. The best thing we may be able to hope for is to just unload that massive salary of Pep's at season's end. It is looking more and more doubtful that we can get anyhing of real value for him, due to his reputation around the league as a slacker. I don't think it's going to happen (Pep for Crabtree), and yes, if it did, there would be some dispruption on both sides of the ball, but the big picture has to be looked at, I would take something now rather than nothing later.

You are dismissive of Crabtree because of the system he played in, and you may very well prove to be right. However, he was a very high draft pick for a reason, and all the experts and pundits assigned high draft status on him. So they must see something. As we all know, busts happen all the time. Will Crabtree be one of them? Only time will tell! But yes, I would make this deal if I could.

:banghead:

Let's try to clarify this. There is one team willing to pay Peppers what he's earning and he's on that team. Other than Oakland, GMs and owners in this league are not stupid. No one is going to pay Peppers 2 to 4 times what the truly elite DEs in this league are earning.

Peppers is not that hard to evaluate. He was dominant against Oakland and Detroit last year and Washington this year. All laughably bad teams. Against better teams he has been a no-show or a liability this year. This may come as a surprise to some of you but that's not what the market is interested in.

The Raiders are having a fire sale right now. They will trade anybody for just about anything right now. But I don't think they even want Peps contract.

I would take the pick not another attitude. We have to sign Davis and Marshall after this year and then Williams, Kalil and Charles Johnson the next year. We have a ton of contracts ending in the next two years and we are getting old at many positions. This draft will be loaded at QB and it looks like we will miss out, 'cause nobody is trading for Pep.

Archived