• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Comic book collectors

The Lobo

8 hours ago, The Lobo said:

East of west is bad ass. Some other good trades if you’re interested (Image) The Wake and Wytches, Scott Snyder may be on of the best writers out there.

I have actually just started reading Redneck, not too shabby. 

only DC stuff I buy is Batman/Nightwing and the flash. I was a huge red lantern fan because of Atrocitus, but Rebirth has changed a lot.

Grant Morrison’s run on Batman and Robin was some of the best stories I’ve read. Also, check out Batman Black Mirror (its when Grayson is Batman) great story. 

LOVE Scott Snyder. His Batman runs is one of my favorites. Black Mirror is dope as well. I've read The Wake and I liked the first half of it but it started to get weirder and weirder as it went along. I remember going huh at the ending. Lol. Batman/Nightwing are pretty much the only thing I get from DC as well unless its a cool concept. Rebirth Supes is my favorite book from the re-launch but Tomasi/Gleason are wrapping up their run :(.  Super Sons has been fun as well. 

I've actually never read Morrison's Batman and Robin but I've heard its amazing. I just haven't gotten around to it. My only real experience with Morrison is All-Star Superman (which was cool) and Arkham Asylumn (which was trippy). 

So question to all of ya'll,

Do any of ya'll read comics/graphic novels digitally through comixology? If so, how is it? Any of ya'll have comixology unlimited? I'm seriously considering starting to go more digital with my stuff as it looks like things are sort of to significantly cheaper on comixology depending on the sale that's going on. 

5 hours ago, RealBitsOfPanther said:

So question to all of ya'll,

Do any of ya'll read comics/graphic novels digitally through comixology? If so, how is it? Any of ya'll have comixology unlimited? I'm seriously considering starting to go more digital with my stuff as it looks like things are sort of to significantly cheaper on comixology depending on the sale that's going on. 

I had a free trial for Marvels digital thing, it was ok. The colors popped more, but nothing can replace the actual books. I’ve been collecting for years and there is just something about putting a comic in a sleeve and organizing it in a box to add to the collection. 

10 hours ago, RealBitsOfPanther said:

I ended up doing a free trial of comixology unlimited. So far I'm really digging it. Being able to switch reading on different devices seamlessly is really nice. Also having access to quite a bit of really good books for a flat free is really nice too. 

Any of ya'll pick up anything this week? 

That’s good to hear I may try it again.

no I’m going to wait until next week. The new Previews should be our which is always awesome.

16 hours ago, RealBitsOfPanther said:

I saw that. Should be interesting, although Fox Marvel movies have been very hit and miss for me. 

Did you see New Mutants got delayed a year bc they are adding a new character. Such promise, now it’s poop.

I didn't. That sucks. Honestly, I'm kind of over the Fox movies. I'm ready for X-Men in the MCU, but we're quite a few years and movies away from that.  

Anyone else see the new Spider-Man creative team? Nick Spencer and Ryan Freaking Ottley are on it!! That book is going to be so good. Ottley is the perfect artist for Spidey. I mean, just look at this art. 

DXNh5KiXcAAloCL-600x446.jpg

Speaking of X-Men and Spider-Man, I shamefully admit that I haven't read as much of them as I would have liked over the years (loved both cartoons as a kid though). What are some of the better stories I should check out? 

Archived