• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Former NFL Pro Bowler Greg Hardy hits reset with Roughriders, envisions himself back in the NFL someday

Nails

11 minutes ago, Nails said:

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2018/2/16/17021392/former-nfl-player-greg-hardy-mma-lfa-33-ufc-news-interview

Don’t take my word for it-listen to Billy Padden, who has spent more time with him recently than anyone-

Yeah, we all heard Ronda Rousey's coach talking about how she was beating up female professional boxers in camp and her striking skills are a complete joke. A lot of coaches in the fight game are every bit if not more hype man than they are actual "coach".

BraveAnchoredCoelacanth-size_restricted.

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeah, we all heard Ronda Rousey's coach talking about how she was beating up female professional boxers in camp and her striking skills are a complete joke. A lot of coaches in the fight game are every bit if not more hype man than they are actual "coach".

BraveAnchoredCoelacanth-size_restricted.

Yes but listen to the end about his glowing reviews of Hardy’s behavior.  Almost sounds like RR and TD with his praise of this man.

If Hardy had picked up MMA earlier on, he very well could've made some noise. The HW division in fighting sports in general is always very shallow because the vast majority of the top HW athletes are in the NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, etc. The fight sports thrive on smaller guys. Guys who can be elite athletes and still not be highly sought after by the major team sports because they're just not big enough. If you're 5'9" 180 you have a really tough row to hoe in the major team sports but that doesn't matter in a sport with weight classes. My dad always tried to get me involved in wrestling growing up. He was a really good wrestler through high school and he always told me that you're not gonna be a big guy so you better get involved in a sport with weight classes if you want to go anywhere in athletics. I was always a big football and basketball guy and I was pretty decent, but he was right. Guys with LB speed and nickelback size have no future in the sport.

20 minutes ago, Nails said:

Yes but listen to the end about his glowing reviews of Hardy’s behavior.  Almost sounds like RR and TD with his praise of this man.

all he says is that hardy has been "nothing but a gentleman," and other such generic comments.  That's just hyperbole, not actual statements about hardy's behavior.  He didn't say anything about any actual behavior, good or bad, just generic, meaningless comments.

How has he been a gentleman?  What is he doing to show he's changed his behavior?  Is he still staying out at clubs until 3AM, or does he go to bed early, and get up early to hit the gym?  What are his actual behaviors?  Baseless spew is for politicians.

28 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Pretty much this. The rest of this card though... ugh. A whole bunch of trash. Does anyone really want to watch Cyborg beat up another soccer mom? Arlovski and Struve battling for the CTE championship? 

Hahah exactly!

Not to derail the thread but ....off season so...

Just a couple tidbits (I could be coaxed to make/participate in an regular mma  forum topic. Would be worth it @jeremyigo 

Odd but Struve has some big wins .. most notable against the reigning HW champ Stipe... Also big Nog.  If he gets a win that could be a possible revenge matchup if Miocic gets past DC. 

I watched Arlovski get put to sleep by Ngannou in Denver. He needs to retire . Great memories man he falls asleep at the lightest touch which I predict 

Looking froward to seeing Cat again , she’s has one foot in and one foot out . Hard not to think about the potential if she didn’t have that difficult past. I believe this will be a crucial point in deciding which direction she goes. Depending on the outcome of course . 

O’Malley vs Andre could be the fight if the night. 

Anyway ...I could go on , let me know if anyone is interested in going forward with some MMA discussion and we may be able to find room. I have the energy and time to add value to it. 

Off football season is easier ofcourse ha

Archived