• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Lottery pick

cookinbrak

This is huge... I believe we came in with a 2.9% chance at a top 2 pick.

This all but guarantees the Hurricanes Andrei Svechnikov, an instant impact player who recorded 45 goals, 38 assists, 83 points, and a +25 in 52 games this year.

A potential line-up for next year could look like:

Teravainen - Aho - Svechnikov

McGinn - Staal - Williams

Skinner - Lindholm - Necas

Foegele - Rask - Zykov

Slavin - Pesce

Hanifin - Faulk

Fleury - Van Riemsdyk

Certainly there are some players in free agency that could definitely upgrade this team like John Tavares, James Van Riemsdyk, David Perron, Evander Kane, Carter Hutton and Jonathan Bernier.

It will be interesting to see what the Canes do.

• 2 weeks later...

This is big. Give me Svehnikov all day. 

This team is going to have so much young scoring. Pair it with a good free agency and/or trades and we'll be in the playoffs. 

It will be interesting to see if any trades happen. I wouldn't be surprised if someone like a Faulk, Rask, Lindholm or even a Skinner is moved for assets. 

• 3 weeks later...

This lineup plus the depth in Charlotte has me really excited for our squad for the next couple of years.  I wish they would just buy out Darling now and trade some depth like Grubauer maybe if he shakes loose from Washington or Bean and a + for a lesser starter.  This team was playoff worthy last year until goaltending poo the bed.  Adding Svechnikov, Necas, and better netminding has us in the playoff for years.

Archived