• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Eric Reid files collusion grievance against NFL

You guys are still arguing whether protesting is legal or not. 

Business owners have the right to choose not to hire anyone they choose if they see the person brings with them baggage that detracts from their brand- or could.

any one here that works a job for an employer can be fired for doing something like this.

other businesses that find out about it can choose not to hire you.

again, these guys went public and caused a public stir over a polarizing issue that detracts from the NFL brand. 

Some people are for and many are against— the business has the right to choose not to alienate its stakeholders,...

not only did these guys go public without going through their employers first, they ambushed them on national TV and hijacked all the attention from the business, ie the games for their own cause. They did it without asking and act like they are entitled to do so.

what they do is not illegal and many agree with why they do it— that’s not my debate—

but to say these teams are colluding In not hiring them is ridiculous— all their attorneys have to do is show the declining viewer numbers, the protests, and show all the footage of cameras closing up on what they are doing instead of covering the games—

the NFLs business is people paying to watch football and get a break from all the bullshit in everyday life,.. much like the Mouse I work for,..

causing people to get into debates and arguments that result in people NOT paying to watch the sport,... costing the business money warrants being fired and not hired by anyone else.

if anything the NFL should sue Kap and Reid and others for costing them millions of dollars for their on the clock, National TV, dressed in company colors protesting.

it would be a slam dunk. If it was my company I would take everything they have to offset the millions lost on their unsanctioned behavior and to serve as an example of what happens when you hurt my business.

on a personal note that’s subjective and not part of my logic,...

i wonder just how committed to the cause martyrdom these guys really have,...

take their money away and their livelihood are they still going to act like revolutionaries like they somehow have the same nut size as all the people who rebelled against the most powerful military on the planet and the biggest empire ever known in the British Empire?

those were real revolutionaries, lost everything to gain a country.

would Kap and Reid and others like them be willing to make that sacrifice?

Archived