• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2023-2024 General Canes Thread

Panthers Fan 69

Predictions before this game. Where the Canes ending up this season?

Me personally? I think we end the season in the 2nd round. Offseason was meh in the grand scheme. We need scorers and we just don't have enough consistent ones. Also, please move on from Raanta and get the boy Pyotr as the backup goalie by now for Christ sake. 

• Poo 1

47 minutes ago, OUCPFL said:

Predictions before this game. Where the Canes ending up this season?

Me personally? I think we end the season in the 2nd round. Offseason was meh in the grand scheme. We need scorers and we just don't have enough consistent ones. Also, please move on from Raanta and get the boy Pyotr as the backup goalie by now for Christ sake. 

Blue line is stronger and we have more scoring going into the season than we did last year. If younger players take another step in their progression IE. Jarvis, Necas, KK, Svech comes back stronger and Tuevo has a bounce back year, we will be more than okay. Burns, Orlov, and TDA are scoring machines on the BL.

Who was available that you wanted to trade for or sign? 

• Pie 2
  • Flames 2
  • Poo 1

13 minutes ago, USDepartmentOfSavagery said:

Blue line is stronger and we have more scoring going into the season than we did last year. If younger players take another step in their progression IE. Jarvis, Necas, KK, Svech comes back stronger and Tuevo has a bounce back year, we will be more than okay. Burns, Orlov, and TDA are scoring machines on the BL.

I wanted them to make the trade for Marner in the offseason. That was the rumor and it didn't happen.

Thinking these guys take another step is what I've thought they would do for a while. They haven't. Necas took a step last year, but he still sucked in the Playoffs.  Don't get me started on Svech. That man went 20 full games last year without scoring a goal before he tore his ACL. It's past time he became a superstar. 

Again. The past 4 years have shown us, unless you have that go to guy scoring, you're not going to go far in the Offs. This team has been the number 1 defensive team for a while now, and what has that got us? It's past time to try to find that go to guy scoring and we STILL do not have that on the team. 2nd round exit is my prediction. But hey, we're going to defend the hell out of that puck. LOL. 

• Poo 1

27 minutes ago, USDepartmentOfSavagery said:

Not to mention Necas, TT and our second defensive pair are in contract years. That alone will keep a fire under their ass. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Harbingers said:

Not to mention Necas, TT and our second defensive pair are in contract years. That alone will keep a fire under their ass. 

Necas was in a contract year a year ago and had one of his worst years. That's how we got him on a 2 year deal for damn near nothing. 

Edited by OUCPFL

1 hour ago, OUCPFL said:

I wanted them to make the trade for Marner in the offseason. That was the rumor and it didn't happen.

Thinking these guys take another step is what I've thought they would do for a while. They haven't. Necas took a step last year, but he still sucked in the Playoffs.  Don't get me started on Svech. That man went 20 full games last year without scoring a goal before he tore his ACL. It's past time he became a superstar. 

Again. The past 4 years have shown us, unless you have that go to guy scoring, you're not going to go far in the Offs. This team has been the number 1 defensive team for a while now, and what has that got us? It's past time to try to find that go to guy scoring and we STILL do not have that on the team. 2nd round exit is my prediction. But hey, we're going to defend the hell out of that puck. LOL. 

Yes because Marner has been past the second round lmfao

• Pie 2

11 minutes ago, BY9Franchise said:

Yes because Marner has been past the second round lmfao

Not sure that's what I stated, but he is a consistent goal scorer. 

WTF does him going past the second round have to do with anything? Are you high this morning? 

1 minute ago, OUCPFL said:

Na, I just don't care for that guy. Never have. That's saying something for this place.

What did I do?  And btw…you have no clue who I am and never will. This is going to be a fun year and assholes like you ruin for all of us. Stop shitting on posts or leave. 

Edited by Panthers Fan 69
  • Pie 1
  • Poo 1

1 hour ago, OUCPFL said:

We made the CF without Svech and a broken Tuevo. We destroyed the Devils along the way and despite what anyone else thinks, we outplayed Florida every single game in my opinion. We just got goalied. There’s a luck factor and the playoffs can be a crapshoot. Vegas is built very similarly to us talent wise and they won the SC by destroying that same Florida team. I’d say we are deeper than them. 

Edited by USDepartmentOfSavagery
  • Flames 2
  • Poo 1