• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Moore Should Start Sunday

Guest RT81

I'm all for putting Matt Moore while the schedule is soft compared to games three weeks from now and onward. But, based off John Fox's general M.O., that's not likely not happening unless Delhomme gets hurt, or when the Panthers are mathmatically eliminated from the playoffs. Sorry.

Don't get me wrong. I know Fox won't pull the trigger. My post was more wishful thinking than anything. I'd just like to see Moore playing on a week 7 team that is still playing with heart, not a week 16 team that's already been mathematically eliminated for 3 weeks and has no reason to play with any more passion.

I think you are missing a very important detail, AJ Feeley. You are all assuming that Fox will go to Moore next. While I wish that was the case there is a reason Fox and Hurney went after Feeley. He will be the next starter at QB for the Panthers. I hate Fox's thinking that just because a player has more exp he is automatically better. How do you expect a guy to get Exp if you wont let him play. You know what you are going to get with Jake and AJ inconsitent play with not much upside. With Moore you have great upside because he really is an Unknown. At this point there is little to lose as all those who are still holding out hope for playoffs obviously haven't been watching this team the last 9 games (5 reg 4 Pre).

i think you have to do something, the old excuses aren't working anymore. the oline had a dominating performance yesterday. at this point you either argue the receivers didn't get separation and make changes there or you change the qb.

of course we could just run every play, assuming the other team is bad enough

I think you are missing a very important detail, AJ Feeley. You are all assuming that Fox will go to Moore next. While I wish that was the case there is a reason Fox and Hurney went after Feeley. He will be the next starter at QB for the Panthers. I hate Fox's thinking that just because a player has more exp he is automatically better. How do you expect a guy to get Exp if you wont let him play. You know what you are going to get with Jake and AJ inconsitent play with not much upside. With Moore you have great upside because he really is an Unknown. At this point there is little to lose as all those who are still holding out hope for playoffs obviously haven't been watching this team the last 9 games (5 reg 4 Pre).

if Moore could give us what he did in his 3 starts.....it would be a big improvement at the QB position this year.

if Moore could give us what he did in his 3 starts.....it would be a big improvement at the QB position this year.

I don't see how it could be much worse. Look at it this way at least for a season or 2 we have a QB that opposing D's don't have much game film on. Therefore it makes our O slightly harder to game plan against.

I don't see how it could be much worse. Look at it this way at least for a season or 2 we have a QB that opposing D's don't have much game film on. Therefore it makes our O slightly harder to game plan against.

as a starter he completed over 63% of his passes w/ a QB rating over 86. That is an improvement. Plus, he scored more TDs than picks. He also was able to move the ball when Vinny and Carr couldn't (depsite there far superior resumes). His garbage time numbers have made him look bad when he was unable to play real football or prepare for the game as the starter. Can't say he will be good...be has shown enough when given the starts to expect better QB play than we are currently recieving.

as a starter he completed over 63% of his passes w/ a QB rating over 86. That is an improvement. Plus, he scored more TDs than picks. He also was able to move the ball when Vinny and Carr couldn't (depsite there far superior resumes). His garbage time numbers have made him look bad when he was unable to play real football or prepare for the game as the starter. Can't say he will be good...be has shown enough when given the starts to expect better QB play than we are currently recieving.

I don't know if you realized because it sounds like your arguing with me, but I am agreeing with you.

I'm looking further back then just this season. Jake has always relied on the "heave and hope" offense and Smith has always bailed him out, but it isn't working this season and neither Jake or Smith are doing well as a result.

Jakes had less time to throw this year too, something that's gone largely overlooked.

The offense as a whole looks flat and out of sync, fixing it should be the top priority. Our goal should be 6 on every possession and we look far too content with sending in Baker.

I don't think some fresh blood at QB, particularly a guys who's played well for us before, would be a good thing. If not then bring back Jake with, hopefully, a renewed sense of urgency.

Moore didnt play well. He was average against 2 teams who had never seen him before and crap against Dallas, a team that had some info on him.

Since then, he has been beyond awful in the preseason and in the regular season when he has gotten an opportunity.

Moore went undrafted for a reason. He bounced around to 3 colleges and was average at best at all of him. Him starting his senior year almost cost Oregon States coach his job as he was so awful the first 5-7 games of the year(boosters and fans alike were not happy, putting it nicely).

Delhomme having a crap hear is a good reason to find a QB, but handing over the reigns to an UDFA who has been just plain bad is a dumb idea.

I don't know if you realized because it sounds like your arguing with me, but I am agreeing with you.

sorry, didn't mean to sound that way. I was agreeing w/ you 100%. I'm just a little irked when I think about Carolina. I guess I was also trying to make a point to others as I agree w/ you.

Moore didnt play well. He was average against 2 teams who had never seen him before and crap against Dallas, a team that had some info on him.

Since then, he has been beyond awful in the preseason and in the regular season when he has gotten an opportunity.

Moore went undrafted for a reason. He bounced around to 3 colleges and was average at best at all of him. Him starting his senior year almost cost Oregon States coach his job as he was so awful the first 5-7 games of the year(boosters and fans alike were not happy, putting it nicely).

Delhomme having a crap hear is a good reason to find a QB, but handing over the reigns to an UDFA who has been just plain bad is a dumb idea.

What games were you watching? He was Rookie of the Month (DEC) I guess you forgot that. Jake was a UDFA as was Kurt. Can't judge a guys talent solely based on where he was drafted.

average is an improvement in Carolina. Delhomme is playing below average and plain out awful.

You can judge alot by where they were drafted, or more accurately, whether they were drafted or not. Now that Josh Johnson is starting in TB, there are a grand total of 2 UDFA QBs starting in the NFL, Warner and Delhomme. And Kurt Warner was at a 1AA school, in Iowa, in the mid 90s, its no shock he didnt get drafted(or much of a look at all). Moore played at UCLA and then Oregon State.

I can show you a whole bunch of players that win monthly awards, all it takes is a good game or two, and it doesnt mean a thing. And you of course just use those 3 meh games(when no one besides Dallas had any film on him) playing with an incredibly dumbed down offense, and ignore the pre-season and regular season since where he looked like he would struggle to keep a job as a 3rd stringer in the Arena League 1 or whatever its called.

Moore will be playing for the Bossier-Shreveport Battle Wings next year.

200px-BattleWingsAF1.PNG

Maybe he can join Brett Basanez, another mediocre UDFA who Panthers fans gushed over but when it was all said and done had no viable NFL options outside of Carolina. Strange aint it?

Archived