• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Playoff caliber offense?

Ashor

3 hours ago, Manther said:

Our offense has always felt about average, even in 2015... many touchdowns were because of short fields brought by defense.  I'm not sure why we can't achieve the mastery of the pass that the patriots and aints have done.  We just don't carve up secondaries with  wide open receivers as consistently as they do.  I thought it was shula...but with what I've seen so far...I'm at a loss.    

Wrs we have on the field are not good. I think this will change once Samuel is on the field. Torrey Smith scarys no one they know his hands are bad and he is not drawing enough attention. For all the attention that CMC and CAM get you would think the wrs would have 1on1 coverage enough to create a wr win in battle but our wrs just didnt get done in game one. I dont trust funchess nor Smith for them to be starters its ugly. Well funchess is ok but to me he is not a #1 we need speed with good hands and neither one fit the bill.

2 minutes ago, Darvinsun said:

Wrs we have on the field are not good. I think this will change once Samuel is on the field. Torrey Smith scarys no one they know his hands are bad and he is not drawing enough attention. For all the attention that CMC and CAM get you would think the wrs would have 1on1 coverage enough to create a wr win in battle but our wrs just didnt get done in game one. I dont trust funchess nor Smith for them to be starters its ugly. Well funchess is ok but to me he is not a #1 we need speed with good hands and neither one fit the bill.

So the secret is the pats and aints awesome receiver core.  Maybe. 

Or is it that Belicheck and Peyton are > Norv or Brady and Brees > Cam.  I lean towards the former.  

15 hours ago, Ashor said:

I realistically think we are the best team in the NFC south and I really hope this offensive strategy will work for the late season.  It's clear that CMC will be a huge factor in the offense so basically our success will be determined by his success.

Further evidence of a fan who just doesn't like Cam imo.  Don't get me wrong, CMC will play a huge role this year, we all know this.....but the only player that your above bolded statement can be realistically applied to is Cam.  I think even RR has been on record as saying something along those lines.

5 hours ago, Manther said:

Our offense has always felt about average, even in 2015... many touchdowns were because of short fields brought by defense.  I'm not sure why we can't achieve the mastery of the pass that the patriots and aints have done.  We just don't carve up secondaries with  wide open receivers as consistently as they do.  I thought it was shula...but with what I've seen so far...I'm at a loss.    

They throw a lot regardless.  We will only pass a lot if we are down early.  We are still a run first team, add to that we huddle more than the pass first teams.  (more than we should). 

For instance.. Last week Brady passed 45 attempts Tom Brady 39.. Cam 26. 

It's a coaching philosophy.  The way we play is the way Ron Rivera wants to play.  Does it work?  Yes.  Tried and true.  But is it exciting ?  Nope.  

9 minutes ago, Udogg said:

Does it work?  Yes.  Tried and true.  

We rarely score 40+ points in a game.  It would seem that if someone else is scoring better than you are, they've got the better plan.

You establish the pass so you can run, not the other way around.

1 hour ago, Manther said:

We rarely score 40+ points in a game.  It would seem that if someone else is scoring better than you are, they've got the better plan.

You establish the pass so you can run, not the other way around.

Hey man,  singing to the choir.  With our defense I would look to put people behind early so we can unleash the pass rush like the end of the dallas game.  I feel like our DL rotation will eventually beat whomever's OL eventually.   

Like someone said earlier , our offense early in 2015 feasted on good field position.  Then near the end of the year, we were clicking so much it didn't matter anymore.  When we weren't hampered by penalties or weren't in ball control mode, it appeared we moved the ball fairly well.  I count game 1 of the season as the 5th preseason game.. will see moving forward. 

On 9/13/2018 at 9:09 AM, coralreefer_1 said:

I just have to ask: How do you have 470+ posts...but only 1 pie/positive rep?  

I've been a member of this forum since 2006 and then we had a crash and Zod made this new site.  Which is why you won't find any member that created an account before 2008.

On 9/13/2018 at 2:06 PM, dpm0409 said:

Further evidence of a fan who just doesn't like Cam imo.

He's my quarterback and I'll support him for as long as he's here but he isn't doing enough.  I am sick of this team always being a "maybe" contender.  Since 2011, Cam has only been top 10 in passing yards in the NFL once, and that was in 2011.

13 hours ago, Ashor said:

He's my quarterback and I'll support him for as long as he's here but he isn't doing enough.  I am sick of this team always being a "maybe" contender.  Since 2011, Cam has only been top 10 in passing yards in the NFL once, and that was in 2011.

There is only one very important reason why Cam is not going to be in the top 10 in passing yards. We don't pass enough. 

There is only one reason not to think this team does not have a Playoff Potential Offense. You don't trust Cam. 

In Cams' career, when given a top 15 Defense. He has only missed the Playoffs once. We defiantly will have a top 15 Defense this year. So there is every reason to believe this Offense has Playoff Potential.

Archived