• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Canes at Jackets

lightsout

Little under half the third. Hell of a game all around. Up 3-1 but very much a matter of bounces. 

The effort these first two nights and the general vibe/energy of this team is just different than anything Peters put on the ice. Brindy has started something here.

McElhinney settled after a couple close calls early, and the early goal to tie it at 1. After that he never looked back. I love how he manages the low part of the net but wish he didn't get AS aggressive as he does. Bobrovsky is so solid due to his calmness in net. He doesn't come way out of the crease to challenge unless it's an obvious situation to do so. Mac almost gave up one on a wrap because he got WAAAY too aggressive and had to fly back to the far post. 

Love the tempo and energy we play with. Young legs aren't wearing out late and we look hungry. The "fans" on Facebook and Twitter are killing me though. "We need to pass less and shoot more" when we've had north of 70 shots in two games. "We need to be taking better shots", while arguable, we ARE getting far more solid looks in the slot than we did last season (especially at this time last season). 

Brindy has this team clicking. If we can keep this up long term, it might not matter who we have in net as long as they're competent. Mac looked better to me than Mrazek, but Mrazek didn't face the onslaught that Mac did either. Time will tell. I'm thinking a few games of this one-for-one rotation, then moving to a 2-4 game stretch with whoever seems hottest. Darling or the loser of this battle may be trade bait. 

Archived