• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bills hire Ken Dorsey as quarterbacks coach

GRWatcher

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Dorsey didn't have the kind of authority it would take to coach somebody like Newton.

A guy in only his second year? Who knows. Might actually work.

(I wouldn't put any money on it though)

Authority? I think you mean respect, which a Coach must earn.

10 minutes ago, Jim Harbaugh said:

Authority? I think you mean respect, which a Coach must earn.

I mean authority.

if you take a guy who's never been a quarterback coach before, didn't have any standing in the NFL as a player or anything, put him in charge of a quarterback who's got more credentials than he does and say something like "Hey Johnny this is Tom Brady. Tom, Johnny's going to coach you on how to play quarterback", you're probably not gonna get a good result.

Put your QB  under the authority of a guy like Norv Turner who's been there, done that and has the rings to show for it, that's a different story.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I mean authority.

if you take a guy who's never been a quarterback coach before, didn't have any standing in the NFL as a player or anything, put him in charge of a quarterback who's got more credentials than he does and say something like "Hey Johnny this is Tom Brady. Tom, Johnny's going to coach you on how to play quarterback", you're probably not gonna get a good result.

Put your QB  under the authority of a guy like Norv Turner who's been there, done that and has the rings to show for it, that's a different story. if

With that attitude today's SBowl HC Sean Mcvay certainly would have failed, especially at 30 years old and never having been a Head Coach anywhere.

Archived