• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

AAF Players I am keeping an eye on

Tepper's Chest Hair

2 hours ago, Anybodyhome said:

If you read through these rules restricting the amount of defensive pressure a team can put on a QB, you'll soon realize that any D-lineman in the AAF who is racking up numbers may be decent for the NFL. Given the fact a "blitz" can essentially be no more than 5 players...

While scanning the AAF rulebook rulebook, the following restrictions on defensive formations stood out:

>lots of words about the rules I trimmed down so the quote isnt huge<

This.  Its a  big reason I have such a low opinion of many offensive lines and don't feel personally equipped to judge the members of the OL individually.  So many lines are having trouble giving their QB any time.  With all these restrictions helping them out, that makes the OL look even worse.

On the flip side, its making the DLine stand outs look a bit better.

I haven't had the opportunity to see much from the AAF but what I have seen the WR's have looked pretty terrible. Good passes bounced into the air off their hands, passes off of their helmets that were thrown ahead of them they just kept running instead of trying to make the catch, and many other things that made me cringe. I don't know, maybe I just caught a few games where the WR's were having off days but man it was pretty bad.

• 1 month later...

With this..here are some players I wouldn't mind the Panthers taking a look at now that its officially over.  I tried to look at primarily younger players.  There are a bunch of great players that still deserve a shot in the 29-31 age range.  But I wanted to specifically look for people 27 and younger that could meet various depth positions (or more).

Domantre Moore, 6'4", 260lbs, age 26, DE

Most likely AAF Defensive MVP.  Tied for 2nd with 7 seconds.  For most of the season he was averaging 7 QB pressures per game.

Jamar Summer, 6'1", 190lbs, age 23, CB

Undrafted free agent 2018.  4.55 40, 37.5 vert, 10’5″ broad, 6.85 three cone last year.  Top PFF CB in AAF.  Was considered a lockdown corner in AAF.

Trey Williams, 5'7", 200lbs, age 26, RB

5.1 yards per carry as the complimentary back on the San Antonio Commanders.  Was amazing in the open field and making people miss.

Derron Smith, 5'11", 197lbs, age 27, S

Drafted in 2015 by the Bengals, he never did much.  Before being released by the Browns before the 2018 season he had 17 NFL tackles.  In the 8 games of the AAF he has 21 tackles and 3 INT.  For his original pro day, had a 4.6 40 yard time. His biggest issue is that he is seen as undersized, but does match up well in the slot position.

Archived