• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Canes acquire 2020 first and Patrick Marleau

KillerKat

https://www.nhl.com/hurricanes/news/canes-acquire-2020-first-round-pick-and-patrick-marleau-from-toronto/c-307987778

RALEIGH, NC - Don Waddell, President and General Manager of the National Hockey League's Carolina Hurricanes, today announced that the team has acquired Toronto's first-round selection in the 2020 NHL Draft (protected), Toronto's seventh-round selection in the 2020 NHL Draft and forward Patrick Marleau from the Toronto Maple Leafs in exchange for Carolina's sixth-round selection in the 2020 NHL Draft. If Toronto's first-round selection in the 2020 NHL Draft is a top-10 pick, the Hurricanes will instead receive Toronto's first-round selection in the 2021 NHL Draft.

2 hours ago, Paintballr said:

Tell me how to feel as a casual hockey fan. 

1st round pick for a 39 year old player? Is he going to push us over the edge to help?

I may be misreading your post but we didn’t give up a first round pick, we obtained one for taking on Marleau and his contract.

There’s also a chance he gets bought out if he doesn’t want to play with us.

Rumor from Sara Civian

The Canes are trying to move Justin Faulk after contract extension talks didn’t go so well.

The Canes might look to the Capitals unsigned draft pick and impending free agent Chase Priskie to fill Faulk’s spot along with whatever player or pick they receive for Faulk.

I imagine that the first round pick we just obtained from the Marleau trade might be included in a Faulk trade to obtain a higher end player.

4 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

I may be misreading your post but we didn’t give up a first round pick, we obtained one for taking on Marleau and his contract.

There’s also a chance he gets bought out if he doesn’t want to play with us.

Got it, I read it wrong and that makes more sense. 

Yeah just saw on Twitter we are buying out his contract

6 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Rumor from Sara Civian

The Canes are trying to move Justin Faulk after contract extension talks didn’t go so well.

The Canes might look to the Capitals unsigned draft pick and impending free agent Chase Priskie to fill Faulk’s spot along with whatever player or pick they receive for Faulk.

I imagine that the first round pick we just obtained from the Marleau trade might be included in a Faulk trade to obtain a higher end player.

I think its good to move on. When he's good, he's good. But he's so inconsistent that when he's off, he's terrible.

Archived