• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Will Grier looking better than expected.

Jeremy Igo

19 hours ago, Black&BlueBubba said:

To be fair.  That’s the issue with saw with him last night.  Only 5 passes.  And 4 scrambles because he is having processing Issues.  It will all calm down for him at some point. But it looks like he reads his first receiver then tucks and runs.  

One was a single-read roll-out where his WR was covered. Only options on those goal-line plays are to run for a yard or two, throw it away or get picked off. 

He and Allen both bailed on plays that would’ve been sacks in a real game. 

1 hour ago, Carl Spackler said:

No because when examining everything else you’ve said in this thread, it’s either pro-Cam or “hope Grier isn’t David Carr.” High praise indeed. I noticed when he was being complimented in here, for someone who likes him you sure had an interesting way of showing it. That was all. The Cotton Hill thing was good though.

To be fair the Carr aspect did not originate from me. I only responded. Just so we're clear, all redundant football banter aside, I have no ill will for Grier at all. As far as who is the QB of the Panthers, I will support the starter. I mean I made it through 2010 with Clausen, need I say anymore? Beyond that I'm just looking to enjoy however long Cam has left with this group, we all know there is an expiration date. Let's hope we can make the most of this season.

1 hour ago, TheRed said:

To be fair the Carr aspect did not originate from me. I only responded. Just so we're clear, all redundant football banter aside, I have no ill will for Grier at all. As far as who is the QB of the Panthers, I will support the starter. I mean I made it through 2010 with Clausen, need I say anymore? Beyond that I'm just looking to enjoy however long Cam has left with this group, we all know there is an expiration date. Let's hope we can make the most of this season.

Hey my first football jersey was a Chris Weinke one. 

On 8/3/2019 at 3:04 PM, steven8989 said:

I'm so tired of everyone saying how great Allen did against damn Taints starters. They was not playing for a damn thing and it wasn't all starting defense. Please shut up about the damn game Allen had against them. It was a damn exhibition game!

Thanks for stating the obvious, but he was entering the game with as much practice rep time and experience as the opposition--and some were starters. A bad game likely would cost him his career, so it was more that an exhibition game for him--like the other professionals on the other side of the ball, careers were on the line--they are always on the line.  He stepped up--and did well.   Pretend to understand football once in a while or at least do not be so arrogant about being ignorant about it.

Why the backups are significant this year and worthy of discussion:

A good preseason from either means Cam's shoulder has insurance. 

A good preseason from both means we have depth and a potential trade for a decent draft pick. 

Grier could be this year's Garappolo. If Allen plays well, a team without a backup could float a fourth or fifth rounder for him--who knows?

While Cam's shoulder may seem solid now, he is about 30 now.  Every career is one play away from ending.   In addition, a good backup QB makes the backup offense better.  When have we ever been more talented at QB?  Lot to be happy about. 

Newsflash: Randy Fasani is retired and not available.

2 hours ago, MHS831 said:

Thanks for stating the obvious, but he was entering the game with as much practice rep time and experience as the opposition--and some were starters. A bad game likely would cost him his career, so it was more that an exhibition game for him--like the other professionals on the other side of the ball, careers were on the line--they are always on the line.  He stepped up--and did well.   Pretend to understand football once in a while or at least do not be so arrogant about being ignorant about it.

stupid austin powers GIFI

17 hours ago, MHS831 said:

Why the backups are significant this year and worthy of discussion:

A good preseason from either means Cam's shoulder has insurance. 

A good preseason from both means we have depth and a potential trade for a decent draft pick. 

Grier could be this year's Garappolo. If Allen plays well, a team without a backup could float a fourth or fifth rounder for him--who knows?

You mean next year?

Archived